Invented by John Puder; The inward roll is the action taking a long sleeved dress shirt and rolling it up inside making your shirt look like a cheap short sleeve t-shirt with a collar.
John was warm and did not want to appear to have a dress shirt on so he used the trusty inward roll to make his shirt look like a t-shirt!
A Durnin Collar, often known simply "a Durnin", is the unfortunate scenario when the shirt collar subtely refuses to sit right. It is hard to fix, devilishly uncomfortable and worst of all- it gives the wearer the appearance of a sunflower. The Durnin sneaks up on even the best of us in many ways:more...
1. The simple Durnin occurs when the top button of a shirt is fastened, but the collar sticks out at an unfortunate angle, thus likening collar to the wings of a plane. Repairing the simple Durnin is, as the title suggests, simple, and requires the wearer to push the outside of the collar down whilst pulling the inside of the collar up, though extreme cases may require a button-down collar.
2. The wild Durnin is similar to the simple Durnin, the only difference being that the collar is un-fastened at the top button, giving the subject a more shamelessly hideous appearance. Unfortunately, the wild Durnin is far more difficult to correct than its simple counterpart, and one is often required to re-dress.
3. The parachute Durnin is the most offensive Durnin Collar available. Though technically un-related to the collar, it occurs when some of the material from the back of a shirt rises up the neck, and is trapped by the jacket, meaning that the subject has countless folds of material seeping through the gap between shirt and jacket, hence the title. There is however relief given in that the para-Durnin is simple to correct; it only requires a sharp tug from the bottom of the shirt.
|3.||popping your collar|
For pimp-ass mofos and gangstas;
Usually when one pinches the sides of your collar, usually on a polo or dress-shirt. You pinch the sides, and pull them up in self appraisal. It's a way of saying to the world, "look at how great I am". Almost exclusively male.
For preppy teenaged boys and girls;
Usually when the boy or girl unfolds the collar of a polo so that it stands straight up around the neck. It's supposed to be 'cool', but you can sometimes come off looking like Batman.
For gangstas; "You were popping your collar when I told you how sharp you looked in that velour suit."
For preps; "Nick was popping his collar in class today. At first I thought his ears were cold, but then I realized he thought it was 'cool'."
(n) slang for "collar", especially when a douche bag employs an upright position of said collar. Thus, the "colla" is popped.
Look at that douchebag in the pink shirt with a popped colla
The style of wearing the collar of a dress shirt flipped up, covering the neck.
Did you see that preppie kid? He thinks he's so cool, with his popped collar and sweater vest.
1. uncool trend of flipping the collar of said polo/dress shirt up
2. way of trying to look cool like those seen on MTV
3. person who is trying to be uber cool
4. often seen wearing pink to prove thier manliness
5. synonyms with: fag, pink, and retard
That dude in the pink polo is such a popped collar. He is trying way to hard to look like he's 18 when if fact he can't be more than 12... fag.
|7.||Stripey Shirted Douche|
A male who is fond of very white shoes, pooka shell necklaces, a vertically striped dress shirt, usually collar up, over-gelled hair, and may be seen alone or is followed around by a herd of his own clones IE:his friends. Usually conformity-retarded, and is found at any bar or club, or other gathering place. May or may not actually be wearing the stripey shirt, if not stripey, usually a polo shirt. See stripey shirted douches' girlfriend
Look at that stripey shirted douche. He is just like all his friends.
He has the gelled hair, the pooka shell necklace and the neon white shoes. Plus, he wears a stripey shirt with his collar up. The kid at church is such a douche.