2. adj. To be very coldhearted, calculating or evil.
3. Caribbean slang word used for emphasis at the end of a sentence. Does not necessarily reference the person to whom the comment is being addressed.
2. Dat Tony Soprano real dred.
3. You going out with her, dred?
As a matter of fact it is can not only be defined with synonyms, but it has also become an INTERJECTION.
1) "how did your friend start acting so dred boy"
depending on the way it is said it can have opposite meanings:
- Ignorant, giving cold shoulder, bitchy, etc.
- Cool, awesome etc
- "no, i cant believe this"
in short sentences it can imply a phrase instead of a word.
3)"omg did u see what he did? he is one dredist, dred"
dredist - outstanding person, talented etc
- the dred in the end of the sentence simply has no meaning, but as stated earlier it was used just to further assert feelings.
4) A guy is nagging his friend to help him with something. the friend could reply "Dred! not now!" or "Not now dred"
5) You see something amazing. "Dred! that was awesome"
This is an example of where it is used as an interjection.
I can use a dozen sentences to describe, "dred" has become a universal word on this island, expressing happyness, sadness, anger etc.
The pretty dred passed me by swinging her dreds and singing her song
Me: Your Mum! nah just kidding, Dred's awesome.