1. Big Play Cornerback formerly on the St. Louis Rams, now plays for the Detroit Lions.
2. Former North Carolina Tar Heel star.
Dre' Bly is the single most underrated cornerback in the entire NFL.
n. One who engages in the running of routes at all times. i.e. Going out to hook up with morally casual ladies. A true route runner never takes a play off, and understands that the game never stops. Routes can be run via text, facebook, phone, or in person. However, routes are never run on MySpace.
1. to run crisp, full speed routes: to put on a move breaking through double coverage; to avoid a linebacker dropping into coverage; to wear down the opposing DB through the use of continual full speed play or through the use of multiple game changers.
2. one who looks for one on one coverage from a db with a weakness you know you can exploit, such as a disappointing previous romantic history, low self-esteem, or unhealthy need for approval. "Daddy Issues" are a route runners greatest ally.
3. a team of route runners knows that multiple routes run in the same area of the field can overwhelm the coverage and virtually ensure success
These are some solid route runners out tonight. Newt is in the corner running six slants at once on his phone, while Perry is running a solid "in and out" on the crazy chick on the dance floor. And look over there. Dre Bly is running a deep hook on my ex...
The unfortunate circumstance of a defensive player who is carrying the football carelessly en-route to a touchdown after a turnover and an opposing player comes from behind and punches the ball out.
On 10/3/2010 49ers d-back Nate Clements intercepted a pass at mid field in a game against the Falcons with little time left on the clock and a lead. Had he run out of bounds, his team would have easily gone on to win their first game of the season. Nate Clements instead chose to return the interception and while waiting for blocks to set up, was chased down by Roddy White and Nate Clements-ed. The falcons would go on to win on a field goal.