a lame show that I watched when I was 9. Its about some guy named goku who spends about 60 episode let me repeat that 60 EPISODES fighting a bad guy. Worse yet the fights are garbage and the show is always doing one of these things.
1) characters staring at awe at someones power
2) powering up
3) fighting in poorly drawn fights
4) having about 30 seconds of plot progress per episode
5) showing every characters reaction to something no matter how insignificant they are. ex- Chi-chi fainting all the goodamn time while watchting the fight through a crystal ball.
trust me watch better anime heres 4 betters ones
1) cowboy bebop
3) Neon Genesis Evangelion
|DragonBall z videos|
|dragonball z images|
1) Story that is VERY slow at progressing. One example had the planet blowing up. They had about 4 minutes to get off it or they'd all die, however it didn't blow up until about 10-15 30 minute episodes later.
2) Story about a bunch of "heros" that try to save the world but fail spectacularily and must watch the world get blown up. Then they just make a wish for the world to be restored and then they have "saved the world."
3)A story with a plot that doesn't go much beyond "the most powerful warrior in the universe" trying to destroy the universe only to be defeated. Then some guy that is stronger and also impossible to beat shows up and is beaten. Repeat this proccess and you have Dragonball Z.
4) Show about Dragonballs, not sure what the "z" is for.
5) Anime in which a bunch of guys fight, valiantly die, and then come back to life so they can die again when the next invincible guy comes
1) Wierd blue guy: GOKU THE PLANET IS GOING TO BLOW IN 4 MINUTES! (10 EPISODES LATER) THE PLANET'S GOING TO BLOW ANY SECOND NOW!
2) Goku: I can't believe he blew up the earth, I mean they've already done that 2 times and the moons been blown up at least 50 times.
3) "Frieza is the most powerful warrior in the universe!" "Cell is the most powerful..." "Buu is..." etc
4) We must try to collect those dragonballs or our viewers might start to leave "z's" (sleeping)
5) NOOOOOOOOOO! KRILLIN JUST DIED FOR HIS 4TH TIME!
an anime that would probably be much more popular if not for american censorship
by anonymous Aug 20, 2003 add a video
One of the most famous anime series of all time. Mostly for its extreme length and colorful array of characters. The basic plot covers the adventures of Goku and his friends as they battle ever more powerful enemies to protect the Earth/Universe etc....
The name comes from the seven magical balls that the characters usual gather together in order to get their wishes granted, usually something along the lines of bringing people back to life.
Apart from being somewhat repetitive (what show doesn't follow a trend?)it is actually a very decent and original show drawn in a very humorous style by the original artist. One of the best things to come out of the 80's.
Usually scorned by the general public and anime purists because of its mainstream overexposure and americanization by dubbing companies. Most anime fans will claim it was their stepping stone to move onto bigger and better things just not to sound like total n00bs ignoring the fact that DB/Z is in fact widely popular in Japan and since 2004 began making a large comeback. It provided influence for today's best animes such as One Piece and Naruto. Most will contest that, however, rightfully popular, Dragonball Z will probably be around longer than their silly Inuyasha or "deeper" animes.
OH NOES!! I missed DBZ today!! The episode where Goku was supposed kick somebody's ass!!
Now messed up because of the over-editing done by funi. Pretty good if you watch it undubbed.
by anonymous Jun 24, 2003 add a video
a great show that has been "Americanized" by the most vile group EVER...the FCC!! censoring out the blood, gore and foul images and/or language made it worse..but it was still a good show
Gohan...you must bounce the spirit bomb back at Vegeta!
As a young adult, Goku meets his older brother, Raditz, who tells him that they come from a warrior race of extraterrestrials called Saiyans. The Saiyans had sent Goku to Earth to destroy it, but his ship crashes upon arrival. Goku fell into a deep ravine and lost all memory of his mission. Goku refuses to help Raditz continue the mission, after which he begins to encounter others who want to battle him, such as the Saiyan prince Vegeta. He also encounters Frieza, who is considered to be one of the strongest beings in the universe, after which Goku begins training his first child, Son Gohan, to be his successor. Years later, a group of soldiers from the Red Ribbon army known as androids appear to kill Goku. Another android, Cell, absorbs Androids #17 and #18 from the Red Ribbon army to increase his power, then fights Goku and Gohan, resulting in Goku's death. Goku decides to stay dead for seven years to train in the Other World. When he returns, he is drawn into a battle for the universe against an extraterrestrial named Majin Buu. Joined by Vegeta and Gohan, the evil half of Buu is destroyed and the Good Buu (Mr. Buu) settles down with them. Ten years later at a martial arts tournament, Goku meets evil Buu's human reincarnation, Uub. At the end of the series, Goku takes Uub away on a journey to train him as another successor.
Dragonball Z first aired on Toonami in 1998 when Moltar was originally its host. Tom was Toonami's host after Moltar. There are 291 episodes.
an awesome anime created by akira toriyama that was awesome till FUNimation fucked it up and dubbed it.
japaneese version - damn he's strong
american version - he is so strong