1. Used to describe something that is cool, awesome, exciting, etc.
2. Short for Dopamine, which is a chemical produced within the brain when something good happens. It is the pleasure chemical, that also regulates mood, focus and appetite. High amounts of dopamine, usually attributed to drug use, can induce euphoria.
3. Nickname for many drugs, mainly one's that affect dopaminergic receptors in the brain, AKA ones that release dopamine, such as heroin, meth and even weed. (there are studies to support weed releases dopamine in small amounts, UTFSE)
1. Me: That new corvette is so dope!
2. ADHD medications are known to release dope AKA dopamine, allowing for extended periods of focus.
3. Me: Can you hook me up with some dope?
Dealer: Well dope can mean anything, what kind of dope do you want?
Me: Oh just weed, I know that drugs that release a LOT of dopamine are addictive, and I don't want to be a junky.
Dope is a "slang" word for anything illegal often drugs such as marijuana or cocaine.
Random person: You got the dope man
Drug Dealer: Yeah, you got my money????
Cop: Hey you! Whats going on??!?!?!??!?!?!?
Unlike in America where its a good word... in Ireland a dope is someone who is very stupid - an eejit in other words. It never ever means good unless your a D4 wannabe(they think there posh *roysh*). And you dont really wanna be one of them dopes. Haaaa. Basically anyone who is thick is a dope especially if what they do or say is funny for you but not for them. And in Ireland dope it is NEVER used in reference to drugs - heroin is 'gear' and weed is 'green'. If you asked someone for dope they would look at ye sideways and laugh and ask if you thought you were American...
"Hes the biggest dope
"Dont be a dick, ye dope
"Sure what would that dope
know shes as thick as a brick!"
"those Dundalk heads are the dopes
of the century"
Dope has its many descriptions & forms of use. The three most popular would be;
1. Dope; Use of heroin.
2. Dope; Use of Marijuana.
3. Dope; To say something, someone, or somewhere is intensely amazing & down to earth.
Use of the word "Dope" in examples on all 3 short explanations.
1. Man, I would never do dope. I ain't whack like that.
2. Whoa, this is some dope stuff! Getting me ripped!
3. I can't believe how dope them kids are. They are unstoppable.
Technically,dope is dopamine.
Dopamine is a biochemical,and occurs bodies of living things, dopamine is one of the chemicals responsible forrunner's high
But you can 'take' dope, by consumption of drugs like marujuana,which make you high by raising your dopamine levels.
Though it is possible to get unadulterated dope,it's very difficult, and worth a fortune, and though it won't harm you.
(1. you won't come across it often enough to get very addicted. 2.Addiction is the only recorded bad side-effect, but too much in one go will probebly kill you, anything can, even air.)
It's probebly illegal because it's urgently needed for treatment of patients in hospital.
If you take dope, your body will not be able to make it anymore,but it's essential to your emotional wellbeing and the workings of your nervous system, so if your quitting please get professional help.
1. Dope originally came from a relation to drugs. Now many use it like the word cool or awesome. Many use it to describe items like pimpin cars or people like Gabe Velarde.
Gabe Velarde is dope.
Heroine is dope.
Guns are dope.
A term, normally defined as a nickname for "weed" or "heroin", also used to describe people who are clumsy and/or not so intelligent.
"My god, Tim is such a friggin' dope!"
"What a dope."