1) A reference to the closing of a business deal, post-fact.
2) A misnomer in reference to the closure of a business deal. Often accompanied by a handshake and a) sans written contract, or b) with contract containing too many variables. Precedes checks bouncing, "personnel realignment," budget adjustments by the committee, re-proposals.
1) It's a done deal, and it went through last month.
2) It's a done deal, and it'll go through soon.
1) another way of saying "consider it done" or good to go
2)over; finished; no more
1) "I checked with the agent about our free trip to Cancun, she told me it's a done deal!"
2) "Stephanie said that its now a done deal between her and Rob - after their 15th breakup!"