having self pride, self respect, honor
"Hadi took his dignity and left"
1. A proper sense of pride and self-respect.
2. Seriousness, respectfulness, or formality in somebody's behavior and bearing.
3. The condition of being worthy of respect, esteem, or honor.
4. The respect or honor that a high rank or position should be shown.
5. A high rank, position, or honor.
What dignity is...
4. What you're supposed to show someone of great power.
1. Relationship between dignity and alcohol is the opposite. As alcohol levels increase...dignity decreases.
2. Something often left at bars and fraternities.
3. Often completely lost on Halloween.
I left my dignity at Raleigh's last night.
Dignity is what people keep when they preserve their self-respect.
One with dignity demands respect and acts formally.
Acting with dignity can also mean navigating through a situation with eloquence and not losing one's cool.
One can lose their dignity temporarily but later gain it back.
If a girl consents to having a friends with benefits relationship with a guy, she may feel a loss of dignity after-wards if she would really rather have a boyfriend.
If you are drunk you lose your dignity.
Possession of respect
from others or self-respect
; the life and rights of an individual being respected by the group.
Some believe that a terminally ill patient or one in a vegetative state should be allowed to terminate their life; to "die with dignity".
the true meaning of dignity- Walking with pride even when you have none to have even if you began with none.
However, this is not the case when trying to show off, or if you are just plain a jerk.
After being embarrsed when trying to bully Rick, John stood up straight, scraped up the little dignity he had, and left the room.
lose of respect for one-self
slutty cristina missing dignity