1. To evangelize or otherwise market Christianity so poorly that the audience (the "devangelized") become hostile or indifferent toward the Church.
2. To present an anti-evangelical message to an evangelical audience.
3. To become less and less interested in evangelical Christianity.
1. The door-to-door evangelism team did a great job devangelizing the neighborhood.
2. The postmodern hipster tried to devangelize his legalistic parents.
3. Paul began to devangelize as he discovered deep-rooted problems in his church.