You know a girl is desi if:
- she never leaves the house without a ridiculous amount of makeup on, especially enough powder or foundation to make her face white
- will not go a desi function unless she is dressed from head to to toe, with makeup and enough jewlery to be a bride, and the most badass high heels
- believes that in order to be attractive she must starve herself and be stick thin
- her meal consists only of a diet coke
- is up to date with the lastest skin tight fashions
- has stabbed you in the back atleast once, if not regularly
you know a guy is desi if:
- he has cheated on his girlfriend not once, not twice, but atleast three times
- in order to make it up to the girlfriend he constantly cheats on he marrys her
- and even after marriage will cheat on her
- has a overwheming smell, either cologne or BO
- his name rhymes with his brother's names
- hangs around the back of the room with a group of his looser friends and smokes ciggarettes while they hollar at hot, skinny desi girls together
- gets drunk and into a fist fight every night he goes out
***** a desi will stare at you with his/her typical judgemental look when you pass by, just because you look like you could be from India/Pakistan/Bangledesh. It doesn't matter where you are, who you are with and if you have never met them in your life. *****
Sabina "What, Parinda? Oh no honey, she's not the bride. Mouna is. She's over there, see? She marrying Imran."
Sonia "Imran? Uh.. the desi guy i hooked up with last night at the club?"
Sabina "Yep, thats the one"
For Indians/Pakistanis/Bengalis abroad, it has become a term that mainly identifies another fellow Indian/Pakistani/Bengali
Plural form: desis.
This term comes from the word Desh/Des from the Hindi language meaning country or homeland. The term "desi" originally has historical roots from the Sanskrit word "Deshah," which also means country or homeland.
Indian in India: You want air conditioning so bad? Have it the desi way -- fan yourself with this paper.
Countries with Desis include: India, Pakistan,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, USA, European continent, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad, Fiji, Uganda, Canada, Parts of Afganistan, Brazil, U.A.E and many more.
Desi is the newest term for South Asians, the name for South Asians before British Raj was Hindustani, Hindustani was used since the ancient times started by the Persians.
Girl - Yeah