A word to describe someone born/raised in America from parents of Indian, Pakistani, or Bengali orgin who share the same traits. Could use desi to describe food from the same regions, traditional clothing and other aspects of the culture. It is also used in a negative way, to describe clicky aspect of desi culture.
You know a girl is desi if:
- she never leaves the house without a ridiculous amount of makeup on, especially enough powder or foundation to make her face white
- will not go a desi function unless she is dressed from head to to toe, with makeup and enough jewlery to be a bride, and the most badass high heels
- believes that in order to be attractive she must starve herself and be stick thin
- her meal consists only of a diet coke
- is up to date with the lastest skin tight fashions
- has stabbed you in the back atleast once, if not regularly
you know a guy is desi if:
- he has cheated on his girlfriend not once, not twice, but atleast three times
- in order to make it up to the girlfriend he constantly cheats on he marrys her
- and even after marriage will cheat on her
- has a overwheming smell, either cologne or BO
- his name rhymes with his brother's names
- hangs around the back of the room with a group of his looser friends and smokes ciggarettes while they hollar at hot, skinny desi girls together
- gets drunk and into a fist fight every night he goes out
***** a desi will stare at you with his/her typical judgemental look when you pass by, just because you look like you could be from India/Pakistan/Bangledesh. It doesn't matter where you are, who you are with and if you have never met them in your life. *****
Sonia "Omg! Parinda looks so pretty! Wow, she is so skinny! i wish i was that skinny. why am i so fat? That's it, no more diet coke for me! but wow.. look at her gold! Imagine how much money her jewelry costs! Eh.. whatever. without that makeup and gold she wouldnt look that stunning. She need's it to make her look good, you know what i mean? I would be a much prettier bride"
Sabina "What, Parinda? Oh no honey, she's not the bride. Mouna is. She's over there, see? She marrying Imran."
Sonia "Imran? Uh.. the desi guy i hooked up with last night at the club?"
Sabina "Yep, thats the one"
Word derived from Sanskrit. Means "one from our country"; a national opposed to a foreign. Usually refers to people from India, Pakistan, & Bangladesh.
For Indians/Pakistanis/Bengalis abroad, it has become a term that mainly identifies another fellow Indian/Pakistani/Bengali
Yo that guy must be desi, he's brown and hes speaking punjabi!
A term referring to something or someone who is from the Indian subcontinent. The Indian subcontinent is comprised of the following major countries: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, and the Maldives.
Plural form: desis.
This term comes from the word Desh/Des from the Hindi language meaning country or homeland. The term "desi" originally has historical roots from the Sanskrit word "Deshah," which also means country or homeland.
“I saw two hot desis at the party last Friday!”
One of origin from around the India sub contenent including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
That Desi guy has been getting on my nerves lately!
a term describing bangladeshi/pakistani/indian person
hoi hoi check out that desi gyal..shonduri
Comes from the Sanskrit "des" or "desh" meaning "country." In South Asia, it is used to refer to something that is done the Indian way -- it can mean "traditional" or, in a pejorative way, "rustic." South Asians abroad use it to refer to anything South Asian, i.e. Indian, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.
Indian-American: I met a couple of desi guys last night.
Indian in India: You want air conditioning so bad? Have it the desi way -- fan yourself with this paper.
Peope from the Indian Subcontinent and its diaspora around the world.
Countries with Desis include: India, Pakistan,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, USA, European continent, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad, Fiji, Uganda, Canada, Parts of Afganistan, Brazil, U.A.E and many more.
Desi is the newest term for South Asians, the name for South Asians before British Raj was Hindustani, Hindustani was used since the ancient times started by the Persians.
Boy - Hey you look South Asian you must be Desi!
Girl - Yeah
A person who over excessively uses coupons and likes to eat rotis.
He is such a desi.