democratic principles are generally based on equality, toleration, and justice (unlike the self-serving, selfish policies of the republican party)
You tell us to be tolerant, but then go on to call Republicans self-serving and selfish?
1)abortions are sometimes necessary to protect the health and life of a woman, especially in cases of rape, incest and danger to the mother. republicans prefer to criminalize abortion. democrats do not support abortion, they support the CHOICE to have an abortion. no mother would make that choice unless she absolutely had to.
Actually, real conservative Republicans support leaving abortion up the states.
All you just did was dance around the bush. You support the choice death of the innocent.
You have way too much optimism to make that claim. Ever heard of "whores"?
2)citizens born into low income families and neighborhoods are born in a difficult situation that is hard to escape and should be assisted by the government through social welfare programs so they can take steps to escape poverty and prevent the cycle from recurring. this would solve many inner city problems such as gang violence and drug abuse. welfare is not a handout, it is a program, and without it many americans would have nothing.
How can you call us selfish then say you're going to tax hard-working people who earned their pay and give money to people who didn't do jack shit for it? If you don't like your current situation, FIX IT YOURSELF. Many people started off bad and were successful in life and did it by themselves.
Once again, way too much gullibility. There are bad people in the world, you know. Not everyone single human being is good.
What is the fucking difference? And once again, you can solve any problem with hard work.
3)there is no need for every american citizen to own a gun. this amendment in the constitution was referring to a time of war when the battles were being fought in the home country. putting guns in the hands of civilians is putting guns in the hands of criminals - because criminals are civilians after all. also, thousands of accidental deaths occur every year as a result of keeping a gun in the home and the possession of a gun is dangerous and easily abused.
How can you call us selfish when you support taking away our right to own a firearm?
The Constitution was made SEVEN YEARS after the Revolutionary War. The Founding Father realized that citizens needed the right to firearms so they can be ready to defend themselves when a government such as the one you support comes along. I mean after all, they beat a tyrannical country. And you know what they used? GUNS. If it weren't for guns, we'd probably never of gotten independence.
Only law-abiding citizens are allowed to have a gun you fucking idiot. And how dare you compare me to a criminal.
More people have died from car crashes. Should we have car control? Also, you can kill people with baseball bats. Should we have bat control? By the way, gun use has been used more for defending than crime.
4) taxes are necessary to build roads, fund schools and fund other social programs that are necessary for a healthy and succesful society. many americans are allergic to the idea of "raising taxes" but democrats believe that higher taxes are better than low taxes and underfunded schools. after all, all taxes we pay contribute to the quality of the society that we ourselves live in.
Once again, how can you say we're selfish when you support taking money away from hard-working people who earned that money, and give it to people who did jack shit for it? Money has never solved school problems (and shutting down bad schools is good for society) and in fact, most taxes are used to pay off the debt.
5) capital punishment is not justice, it is murder. there is no "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" because humans have no right to play God and decide whether another human deserves to live or die. a life of imprisonment is no slap on the wrist and is the closest to justice that a civilized society can come. we are the only non-third-world country where capital punishment is still legal and through mistakes made in the justice system, several innocent or partially innocent people have been killed.
And what the murderer did isn't?
And you support the death of an innocent child?! Oh wait I'm sorry, I should've said: And you support the "choice" to kill an innocent child?!
Once again, it selfish for you to take money away from people who worked hard for it and use it to keep MURDERERS WHO DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE VICTIM'S FAMILY comfortable.
Who gives a flying fuck what other countries think about the death penalty? Also, while mistakes have occurred, it's not by the numbers you shitted out.
7) the "American way" is not the only way. this country is the bully on the global playground and democrats believe that attentions should be more focused on the problems at home, such as the economy. most other countries either despise the USA or make fun of it and repeatedly using words such as "liberty" and "freedom" (for example "freedom fries") is pure propoganda.
You fucking Democrats have started more fucking unjustified and pointless wars than the Republicans did. In fact, Harry Truman, a Democrat, is who gave us our shitty modern foreign policy. Another fact is that most Republicans have cleaned up the messes you Democrats started!
If it weren't for the actions of Harry Truman, we wouldn't be so fucking hated. And your entire definition was bullshit propaganda towards Republicans.
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
For example, many moderate liberals find themselves alienated by the extreme liberals' insistence on political correctness and intolerance to religion.
As one party in the two-party system in America, they are half of the problem.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.