The democratic view point changed to be more of a moderate party during the 2006 midterm senate elections. Today we classify a democrat as someone who believes in:
-Privacy with limited government observation
-Pro-choice, but with certain limitations such as that partial birth abortions should not be allowed.
-Protection of the environment through uses of alternative fuel sources and cleaner practices, though not so much that our standards of life decrease.
- A strong government that helps people through well fare, shelters, and other means of aid, though not a governemt that will allow "mooching"
- Taxes being left as percentages, so everyone has to pay _% of their income to taxes, with exceptions for the extreme cases of poverty.
the symbol for a democrat is a donkey while the republican is an elephant. Also, democrats are generally represented by the color blue while the republicans are represented by red.
During the 109'th congress, the democrats where the majority composition of the house of representatives.
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
For example, many moderate liberals find themselves alienated by the extreme liberals' insistence on political correctness and intolerance to religion.
As one party in the two-party system in America, they are half of the problem.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.