1)abortions are sometimes necessary to protect the health and life of a woman, especially in cases of rape, incest and danger to the mother. republicans prefer to criminalize abortion. democrats do not support abortion, they support the CHOICE to have an abortion. no mother would make that choice unless she absolutely had to.
2)citizens born into low income families and neighborhoods are born in a difficult situation that is hard to escape and should be assisted by the government through social welfare programs so they can take steps to escape poverty and prevent the cycle from recurring. this would solve many inner city problems such as gang violence and drug abuse. welfare is not a handout, it is a program, and without it many americans would have nothing.
3)there is no need for every american citizen to own a gun. this amendment in the constitution was referring to a time of war when the battles were being fought in the home country. putting guns in the hands of civilians is putting guns in the hands of criminals - because criminals are civilians after all. also, thousands of accidental deaths occur every year as a result of keeping a gun in the home and the possession of a gun is dangerous and easily abused.
4) taxes are necessary to build roads, fund schools and fund other social programs that are necessary for a healthy and succesful society. many americans are allergic to the idea of "raising taxes" but democrats believe that higher taxes are better than low taxes and underfunded schools. after all, all taxes we pay contribute to the quality of the society that we ourselves live in.
5) capital punishment is not justice, it is murder. there is no "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" because humans have no right to play God and decide whether another human deserves to live or die. a life of imprisonment is no slap on the wrist and is the closest to justice that a civilized society can come. we are the only non-third-world country where capital punishment is still legal and through mistakes made in the justice system, several innocent or partially innocent people have been killed.
7) the "American way" is not the only way. this country is the bully on the global playground and democrats believe that attentions should be more focused on the problems at home, such as the economy. most other countries either despise the USA or make fun of it and repeatedly using words such as "liberty" and "freedom" (for example "freedom fries") is pure propoganda.
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
For example, many moderate liberals find themselves alienated by the extreme liberals' insistence on political correctness and intolerance to religion.
As one party in the two-party system in America, they are half of the problem.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.