1. Anybody who thinks that everybody is equal, all races, sexes, and religions (unless you don't feel that way, then we'll discriminate against you)
2. Anybody who relies on science and numbers as evidence, as opposed to the bible. Seriously, that was written 2000 years ago, and it's been proven wrong.
3. Anybody whos been to school: type 'IQ John Kerry George' Bush into Google, look at second result.
4. Somebody who realizes that children, while a great bundle of joy, cost on average $210,000. People who also realize that, if you going to start a war, you should have a reason, and 'crusade against evil' does not qualify because that's not a fact, its subjective (meaning that it's a Point of view).
5. Democrats know that people who got money stolen from them by corupt lobbyists like Tom DeLay should have some given back to them.
6. Somebody who knows what a globe is and whats it's used for: 50% of all americans cannot find Iraq, 12% of them are not republican, if youre slow, thats 88% that cannot find it are republican. If thats not dumb enough, 35% cannot find NYC, and something like 90+% of them are republican. Ironic because they use that as the basis of many of their arguments.
Also, whoever said that it was the Republicans who freed the slaves, you are right, but keep in mind it was against a Christian Democrat opponent they were facing. Today, the majority of Christians vote Republican. It's not the cover of the book you should be looking at, it's the content, genius.
George W. Bush has used over 600 'executive passes', something that allows you to pass a law for 'National Security reasons'.This number, if you are aware, is MORE THAN EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT COMBINED.
Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face thinking its a bird no larger than a piece of paper, and nothing happens. Meanwhile, a fifteen year old gets a life sentence for accidently killing his neighbor while practicing wrestling moves in his backyard.
Note: I may be a hardcore democrat, but i support Bush's idea to make a wall between Mexico and USA. That may be the only god decision hes made.
The United States Democratic Party. Usually characterized by beliefs such as:
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
This is a neutral definition of the word Democrat. Urban Dictionary should be about defining words, not advancing a point of view.
a member of the more liberal of the two major political parties.
this definition of democrat is not a rant
Apparently, people who aren't allowed to back up their point of view with evidence.
Republican: It's obvious the Bush tax cuts helped the poor more than the rich.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.
1. One belonging to the United States Democratic Party
2. Tend to believe that government should come to the aid the most disadvantaged in society (see Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security). We don't bring it up much, but it's what Jesus taught.
3. Belive in the separation of church and state, on the off-chance that not everyone in America is a Southern Baptist.
4. Doesn't believe that industries have the unfettered right to dump carcinogens into our water supplies. Also believe in protecting public health and worker safety.
5. Believe in strengthening public education, rather than gutting it with vouchers.
6. Belive in civil liberties and equal rights for all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation; a Democratic President pushed through the Civil Rights Act even though it meant losing half of his party. That half, comprising mostly of racist whites, now overwhelmingly votes Republican.
7. Most have actually read the 9th amendment. Can also spell "amendment."
8. Represent broadest spectrum of the American public: women, blacks, Latinos, gays, Jews, seculars, immigrants, union workers, and yes, also straight middle-class white male Protestants like me.
If they were alive today, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would be Democrats.
Despite a wealth of good ideas, Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimdated by semi-literate meatheads called Republicans
A member of the Democratic party, one of the two major political parties. Similarly to Republicans, they blame all of the world's problems on the other party.
Stereotypically, Democrats are hippies.
The default political party to vote for when opposing republicans in a presidential campaign.
Voting for the green party is worthless, I'll vote democrat.
Those who vote based on irrelevant factors (id est, gender, race, charisma, et cetera).
"As a Democrat, I voted for Barrack, because we need a black man in the White House."