1. A weapon of mass destruction introduce by George W. Bush in 2003
2. An excuse for war. (see oil )
You better hope there's no oil in your backyard, otherwise George W. Bush will bring democracy to your house.
by The Gunch Guild November 02, 2007
Something United States of America politicians claims the country is built on, while every single day they make every effort to undermine it.
The public doesn't war, politicians want war, means there will be war, because it's "democracy".

The public wants tax cuts, politicians want tax raises, means there will be tax raises, because it's "democracy".
The public wants weed, the politicians don't want weed, means if they'll find you possesing it, you'll be locked up for life, cause this is a "democracy"!
by 32121 July 21, 2016
A non existant form of government in which every citizen would have a vote on every issue.
Unfortunately impossible to exist on a scale larger then a village due to massive stupidity of general public.
We had a democracy and so we selected our leader by popular vote not electoral college.
by that quiet guy October 26, 2008
Democracy is a system of government that doesn't work and will probably fail altogether within the next few decades.
Reasons;-
1. The majority of the electorate tend to be idiots who will elect an idiot.
2. The majority of the electorate tend to be selfish morons that would elect Hitler if he lowered their taxes.
3. Politicians use pathetic, small-minded catchphrases that mean very little, eg. 'hug a hoodie' or 'for the family.' Mr Idiot, the average voter, however, votes on the basis of these.
4. The rich and powerful form a better connected, private-school educated elite who are far more easily able to take office.
5. In America, leaders take ordinary words and add '-ism', 'mis-' so that Jimmy Redneck with his shotgun thinks that they're using 'big werds' and are therefore smart. Eg, 'they misunderestimated me'
6. In America and elsewhere, policy is over-rided by how bigger fan of 'Jeezus' or 'Gawd' a person is, forcing intelligent politicians to do lip-service to religion, and allowing fundamentalist scum to rise into office.
7. Politicians will always be able to whip up the masses to do their bidding at the expense of civil liberties by citing a common enemy, real or imagined. Eg. The war on terror.
Democracy in action;-
Politician;- 'I believe in the power of prayer, and not to defamilarise ourselves with the misinformation of terrorists. Family First!'
Jimmy Redneck;- Dang I'll vote for that guy, he's usin' thems big werds like an intellesuel, and he's got gawd on his side! Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwh!
by Niccolo Machiavelli December 02, 2007
A tyranny of the Majority over the Minority. The opposite of true liberty.
Democracy is 51% of the people voting to oppress the other 49%.

by Jimmy F. March 23, 2007
Fascism you can vote for.
How exactly does the President do more good then Hussein?
by Ken July 20, 2004
Free Daily Email

Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!

Emails are sent from daily@urbandictionary.com. We'll never spam you.

×