Defensive ring of females in a dance club or lounge protecting them like inwardly-facing musk oxen against being hit on by any men. Then they go home at closing time and wonder why they never meet anybody.
Any male approaching this sea of backs will be boxed out. Should the male somehow pry a girl into conversation, her "friends" will reclose her inside the chick circle or take her to the bathroom, preventing her from meeting any guys or otherwise having any fun. They will go home and complain all guys are d-bags.
Look at all those frustrated girls in the chick circle. Wonder why they're all made-up and dressed up if they don't want to meet anybody, given they can get music and drinks in their own apartment.
Fortress in the wilderness to the north of Beleriand, originally built by Melkor/Morgoth prior to the birth of the elves, overrun but not fully explored by the Valar in this period, and later reoccupied by Morgoth and his followers, including Sauron and the Balrogs. Angband was a large iron fortress with deep and complicated dungeons in which Morgoth kept prisoners and slaves and bred foul creatures such as dragons, werewolves and orcs.more...
Included Utumno and was surrounded by a second defensive perimeter, Thangorodrim. It is a central location in JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion.
Angband was virtually unassailable, and was used by Morgoth as a base of operations for his infiltration and conquest of Beleriand. Beren and Luthien succeeded by means of magic in entering the fortress, beguiling Morgoth and stealing a Silmaril, but elvish military operations in the First Age were necessarily defensive, and the areas between Angband and the elven realms, such as the Passes of Sirion, Ard-Galen, Dorthonion and the plains of Lothlann, were the site of battles throughout the First Age. Angband, along with Beleriand, was destroyed at the end of the First Age.
There is also an action/RPG computer game named "Angband" and a second named "Utumno", based loosely on Morgoth's fortress.
A trench that is dug in the center of a defensive perimeter in order to be used as a latrine by soldiers.
We gotta dig a slit trench unless you wanna lay in shit all night.
1. A NBA forward who has played for the Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Lakers. He is known for his ferocious perimeter defense and eccentric personality.
2. The act of a brawny black man lashing out on a scrawny white man for seemingly insignificant reasons. This comes from an incident where Artest attacked a spectator at a Pacers-Pistons matchup in 2004, which led to his suspension for the remainder of that season.
3. The act of consuming Hennessey at the halftime of any athletic performance. This stems from a 2010 interview where Artest admitted to occasionally consuming Hennessey during halftime before returning to the court for games.
4. The act of consuming Hennessey at the halfway point of a social event. Also influenced by the 2010 Artest interview.
1. Ron Artest is one of the NBA's best defensive players in any given year if he can keep his head on straight.
2. If this emo punk keeps annoying me I will pull a Ron Artest on his ass.
3. My first-half performance wasn't too good. I guess I'm gonna have to do a Ron Artest to loosen up and finish this game strong.
4. This party isn't moving me. Let's try a Ron Artest and hope we wake up in the morning.
The idea that since every man (and his gun) is needed for the common defense of the group, any one man's behavior, short of murder, must be tolerated, even including mild insanity and such serious crimes as rape. (From the Afrikaans voortrekker word 'laager' - a circle of wagons forming a defensive perimeter, as when the days journey was done and the group settled in for the night)
When the cop shot the unarmed perp his buddies closed in with their laager mentality and made a thorough investigation of the facts impossible, intentionally misplacing evidence and confusing investigators.
The best perimeter player in the league. Attacks the basket, plays defense, shoots the ball, rebounds, passes the ball, and runs the floor...he does everything and does everything well. very athletic and excels under pressure. Almost unblockable fadeaway. Won't find many players like him in the past nor the future. Will be a basketball legend, has a me-first attitude. 9 time all star selection, 7 all-nba teams, 6 all-defensive teams, 3 nba championships. Scored 81points in one game. Scores at a much higher percentage than most players capable of scoring 30points.(ie: gilbert,iverson, ect..) Dominates the game for his team on the offensive end when needed. Challenges himself by gaurding other teams best perimeter player. Has learned a lot with Shaq out of the team. People say Kobe screwed up the finals in 2004, but when all your role players left because Karl Malone and Gary Payton came in, then Malone gets injured and Payton decides he wants to suck, you leave a Lakers team with Jannero Pargo, Stanislav Medvedenko, Rick Fox, Maurice Carter, Jamal Sampson, Ime Udoka, Kareem Rush, Bryon Russell, and Derek Fisher to support Shaq and Kobe. No two man combo could win a championship with that kind of bench. This man seems to draw more haters than any player in the league because of the raped charged against him, the daggers he shoots into other teams, and the way he wins with the other team thinking, "wow.we just got lit up." Bound for a few more nba championships, at the pace t...more...