Bassis for french-rooted band Phoenix. He usualy wears thick rimmed glasses, skinny pants and bed-head hair. very french euro-pop and arguably the hottest member of the band.
duude, i saw Phoenix last night and Deck d'Arcy looked right at me!
A beloved hipster pastime, consisting of two parts: the first of which is spending many hours on the web or roaming the local indie scenes in search of the most obscure, random musical groups that you probably haven't heard of; the second part consists of daily low-grain band performance video facebook updates, and sticker bombing.
"I went to the village bean to make some progress on my graphic novel, but I just ended up bandscaping 'til 2 in the morning. Found a pretty deck band though, you've never heard of Mustard Penguin have you? I'll upload vid tomorrow."
"Some stupid, bandscaping hipster sticker bombed my bathroom with Slug Track Star stickers. What does that even mean anyway?"
An oft-undervalued instrument. Those who play or admire the washtub bass realized that its inexpensive construction and simplicity sometimes distract idiots from the rich variety of notes and tones one can achieve when playing a washtub bass. If one wants to add more dancibility to their band's music, they need to get a washtub bassist, who will most likely have wicked arm muscles. Also know as a gutbucket.
Guy 1: "Man, that chick is hot."
Guy 2: "Aw dude, that's Rachel. Don't mess with her, she's a washtub bassist."
Guy 1: "Thanks bro. Close call. She could deck my ass."
Grip tape is an adhesive backed friction-surfaced material usually attached to the deck of a skateboard or longboard to give the rider more friction to control the board. It is sometimes used decoratively, since it can come in many different styles and colors.more...
Grip tape comes as rough sheets similar to adhesive-backed sandpaper. The grade and size of grit varies by company and manufacture method.
To apply grip tape, one first cuts a section large enough to suit the respective deck from a large roll. It's fairly common practice to cut a line of grip tape out just in front of the back bolts to help distinguish the front and back of the board (the nose and the tail, respectively). Often a skateboarder will cut a design or text inside of the grip tape, so that when applied the naked wood will be visible in a desired shape against the rest of the tape. After removing any lacquer so the grip tape actually sticks, you remove the smooth backing to expose the adhesive, one lays the tape onto the top side of the deck; (it is advisable to remove any trucks or old grip from the board as a new layer will render mounting hardware inaccessible and will peel from an older sheet).
If done carelessly small air pockets can become trapped between wood and the tape. During skate sessions these are prone to tear open, ripping the tape partially off of the board. There are various methods to prevent or remove bubbles. Techniques include carefully applying the tape from ...
a sweedish rock band.
"did you hear mando diao's latest song Sheepdog?" He says "Yeah Yeah Yeah, it's so deck."
1. From projectile a reverse throw over ones shoulder
2. Something which is the product of something else falling/thrown against gravity and in turn being emitted
3. The bad, possibly harsh end result of something or someone's action(s).
4. Negatively thrown particles - in the direction they're not normally meant to go.
Wayward and i)textured audio or ii)pitch.
Rougher than reverberation, instead of gentle pizzicato, it's dirty slap-bass. Hammered notes.
Pitch: Instead of gentle verbrato it's jaggered modulation.
The slap technique involves hitting the string from above, forcing it against the fretboard.
When playing, a musician presses the strings down to it in order to change their vibrating lengths, causing changes in pitch. A fingerboard may be fretted, of the bass momentarily, producing a brief puchy note. The string can be hit with any part of the hand, but is most commonly hit with the knuckle of the thumb.
Also like the swing/shudder you get from one object hitting another ie heavy marine rope hitting the deck on a pier.
1. With his back to Stephanie's, James threw the pen lid using a clever rejectile-manouver, flinging it over his head to hit her in her back without her seeing his arm movements.
2. There were some serious rejectile sparks flying from the angle grinder
3. "Well that was a total rejectile of an idea"
4. Caleb jumped, but became a rejectile and was violently pushed away and thrown against the side of the cliff by the turbulent water like a ping pong ball trying to get past an industrial fan.
5. Slap bass is a form of rejectile-sounding music. It began in the early 1910's by Louisianna String Bass player Bill Johnson, who started "slapping" the strings of his bass (a more vigorous technique than the classical pizzicato) after he accidentally broke his bow on the road with his band in northern Louisiana in the early 1910s.
A term used to describe the band razorlight, usually by someone who dislikes them and thinks they are shite. The term shite suggests the band are not very good.