Counter-Strike was originally a Half-Life Mod created back in 1999 until it picked up enough momentum to become a separate game.
Anyone who was a kid in the 90's played this game to hell and as a direct result, became good or at least decent at EVERY computer-based FPS in existence.
1.6 was the shit.
1. No laggy hit-boxes.
2. Legit Walling.
Eventually, Source came out and most of the players moved to there due to the better graphics (Srs.)
Counter-Strike lost a ton of momentum when CAL disappeared and when Steam fucked up the hit-boxes even more. But even today (2010), CS is still one of the most popular FPSes available.
New players SHOULD expect to get owned on a daily basis on nearly every server because most of the players have been playing Source since its inception. Also, the learning curve for CS is relatively steep, which is why raging noobs will always remain raging noobs.
However, those who decide to persevere and become great players will find that they will suddenly become good at any and every FPS.
By the way, every CS is not meant for sXe's. Everyone is a pot-head and there's a 90% chance that you're playing against someone who is high/drunk/rolling as shit and still beating the piss out of you.
And derogatory names for black people are used in any and every CS situation. (idk why, it's part of the culture.)
Noob 1: WTF NIGGA NO-SCOPE AWP THROUGH DOUBLE DOORS?? HAX OMG. VOTEBAN PRO ALL!!!1
Pro AWP: umad?ubad?uninstallb4umadagain NUGGUH. btw im high :)
A couple years later, Noob 1 becomes Pro enough to be considered CAL M. Noob 1 has also decided to stop being everyone's bitch and to start taking his life into his own hands as a result of the constant ass-whoopings that he received in CS.
Noob 2: WTF 1 DEAG 7 ROUNDS IN A ROW??
Former Noob 1: PZPPPZPZPZZPZPPZZP ihigh :o)
A couple days later..
Noob 1's buddy: Hey you should try to play TF2 with me!
Former Noob 1: uhh ok, is there an AWP, nigga?
Noob 1's buddy: No, but you can use this bow and arrow!
Former Noob 1: *Goes 30-0*
Noob 1's buddy: WOW asshole nice hacks, I can't believe you hack you hacking hacker!
"Former Noob 1 is now playing Counter-Strike: Source. Click here to join them."
Noob 1's buddy: DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? This game fucking blows, that guy killed me with 1 hit from a pistol!!! I'M LEAVING!
Noob 1's buddy: *Comes back an hour later*
Speedhacks are fun.
A game of Counter-Strike on the map de_dust.
This has made many Admins on servers paranoid, and take a "no trial" approach to cheat accusations and llamas and ban on sight. Which is unfair to those who are actually skillfull at the game and/or have done nothing wrong.
New players are usually put down by long-term players and are insulted with phrases like "n00b"
This has led to the belief that the entire CS community consists of teenagers, as no adult could be so immature.
Game is comprised of terrorists and counter terrorist…
Plant Bombs, Rescue hostages, and kill each other until either the other side is eradicated or time runs out, or objective is accomplished… All this should be accomplished with refined (First person shooter) skills… acquired from hours of repetitive play
Game has negative connotations due to the repetitive nature of the Missions and Maps…
Game is polluted with cheaters and hackers who spend much of their time on the computer trying to accomplish an imaginary ultimate hacker status
Instead of terrorists vs. counter terrorists, the game has over time transformed into Hackers Vs. Non Hackers, with ever growing admin boots,,,, bans,,,,, kicks,,, and CD key black lists….
Due to , cheaters, anti cheat programs, abusive admins, bitchers, whiners and campers,
new hacks and MODS for the game are released on a daily basis thus… causing many people to refer to the game in a negative countenance.
1. Servers are usually flooded with 10-year-olds who pretend to be mature untill they talk through their microphone. At that time you will hear a voice from which you can't tell wether the kid is a boy or a girl.
2. Players that are skilled at the game are often called 'n00b' and 'h4x0r' by people who are not skilled at this game. The skilled people are often banned(because of 'hacking') because admins tend to be 10-year-olds and will believe everything their fellow 10-year-olds say.
3. The game contains the AWP weapon. People who are skilled at using this weapon are called 'n00b', 'h4x0r', 'camper', 'AWP fag', 'AWP whore', etc. The people(often 10-year-olds) who call these names are often not skilled at the game.
4. Most of the people who play Counter-Strike talk in the '1337 language'. Most of them can't spell 1 single English word either.
5. If you sit still for about 10 seconds you're a camper.
That is Counter-Strike
2. *10-year-old*: OMG WTFUX YOU FUCKING FAGGOT CAMPER HACKER FUCKER WHORE FAG NUB STUPID BITCH HACKER SLUT!
*Skilled player*: I do not hack. I am skilled at this game and I killed you.
*10-year-old admin*: OMGSES BANZORED! HAXOR!!1
3. *PlayerThatGotKilledByAWP*: OMG! You fucking AWP whore camper nub slut bitch faggot nerd. Get a fucking life you nub.
4. *1337talker*: i r s0 1337, b3c4us3 i r b3 t3h t4lkz0r 1337, i r pwn t3h j00, kthnxz0rs.
*Guy who can't spell*: omg00se wuthc uot fru t3h nmee ar0nud th crnur!!
5. *Stupid spectator(got killed)*: OMG HE'S A FUCKING CAMPER, HE'S BEEN SITTING FOR HOURS(10 seconds) NOW!!!
The game has become an extremely popular FPS over the years, and despite running on a 7 year old game, is still played by many people.
However, many people have hatreds toward the game because of it's popularity and will insult it given a moments notice. Even people who have not played the game or only played for a short amount of time have very biased opinions towards the game.
Despite what many people say, the game is very fun with a good community. There is a reason why it is so popular after all.