"Uh, dude, NMI
(1) A term used in computer programming
to describe when a program fails. The program then dumps a core, which, in the ancient days of programming, poor code monkeys
had to go through to see what was wrong.
(2) A term used by anyone familiar with definition (1) to mean a loss of memory.
> Segmentation Fault (Core Dumped)
It's the middle of the big exam, and everything rides on the knowledge the test-taker has known for a long time. They're prepared to take the test when suddenly:
"*(*#%#(*&%!!!! MY BRAIN JUST CORE DUMPED!"
And that's a core dump. There goes any chance of a good grade.
verb (used with object)
1. To dump lots of obfuscating personal opinion upon a discussion about some matter of fact.
2. To display willful ignorance; to ignore any evidence or facts contrary to one's own ignorance.
1. "Wow, Duncan MacIntosh sure took a coredump on decision theory."
2. "Dude, don't coredump, the friggin' rulebook says the unit takes a test."
A type of defecation heavily involving the use of the abdominals and lower back, "dumping from the core."
"Man, I shouldn't have eaten all of those Hot Pockets. Now I need to take a core dump."