2. A foolish old man.
3. Seeing how the USC football sucks so consistently, it seems rather offending to good poultry everywhere to call them Gamecocks, so a "coot" is a much more realistic symbol for such an inept football program.
2) He meant jorts, as in jean shorts; you know, the staple of every Coot's wardrobe. -CUhoopster48®
Prounounced C(ewe)T, the longer the "ewe" the more shock value. COOOOOOOOOT vs COOT
Synonym of DANG! DAMN! HOLY SMOKES! WOW! CRAP! or even SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT...
originating in: Calvert County, MD and spreading like wildfire. Also spelled Koot.
Friend to me:"COOT, that's a long time."
Use of the long "ewe"
Me to friend: "That girl has had 10 STD's in the last year."
Friend: "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, That's disgusting."
- A shorter version of the word cooter, which basically means vagina. "coot" is less crass-sounding than "cooter". It is probably most similar in connotation to the word twat when referencing a vagina, as opposed to pussy, which has a more sexual connotation and snatch which sounds pretty crass.
- More commonly a "coot" is an older, usually male person, and generally refers to a perceived diminished capacity, uncouthness or senility. Typically said "old coot".
That old coot hanging out on his porch all day is always yelling at the kids for no reason.
1. Any of several dark-gray aquatic birds of the genus Fulica of North America and Europe, having a black head and neck, lobed toes, and a white bill.
2. Informal. An eccentric or crotchety person, especially an eccentric old man.
2. Look at that old coot, sitting on his front porch.