coot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kt)
1. Any of several dark-gray aquatic birds of the genus Fulica of North America and Europe, having a black head and neck, lobed toes, and a white bill.
2. Informal. An eccentric or crotchety person, especially an eccentric old man.
1. That bird, is a coot.
2. Look at that old coot, sitting on his front porch.
1. A dark-gray water dwelling bird resembling a duck.
2. A foolish old man.
3. Seeing how the USC football sucks so consistently, it seems rather offending to good poultry everywhere to call them Gamecocks, so a "coot" is a much more realistic symbol for such an inept football program.
1) Any coots arrested today?
2) He meant jorts, as in jean shorts; you know, the staple of every Coot's wardrobe. -CUhoopster48®
A slang term referring to a middle-aged or old person. Could be insulting depending on intent.
"That old coot."
(slang)- of great shock value.
Prounounced C(ewe)T, the longer the "ewe" the more shock value. COOOOOOOOOT vs COOT
Synonym of DANG! DAMN! HOLY SMOKES! WOW! CRAP! or even SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT...
originating in: Calvert County, MD and spreading like wildfire. Also spelled Koot.
Me to a friend: "I stood in line at the DMV for 6 hours today."
Friend to me:"COOT, that's a long time."
Use of the long "ewe"
Me to friend: "That girl has had 10 STD's in the last year."
Friend: "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, That's disgusting."
- A shorter version of the word cooter
, which basically means vagina. "coot" is less crass-sounding than "cooter". It is probably most similar in connotation to the word twat
when referencing a vagina, as opposed to pussy
, which has a more sexual connotation and snatch
which sounds pretty crass.
- More commonly a "coot" is an older, usually male person, and generally refers to a perceived diminished capacity, uncouthness or senility. Typically said "old coot".
She's got a pretty ugly coot for a pornstar.
That old coot hanging out on his porch all day is always yelling at the kids for no reason.
Something so cute it is beyond cute and goes to a whole other level of cuteness
Kieran: Celene, you are sooo coot!