a word used to fill in awkward silences or even cause them
"...and that's why im so tired!"
"Did you see that squirrel?"
"yeah it was cool."
"did you know some squirrels can fly?"
"no, thats cool."
"this is a good first date.."
The best way to say something is neat-o, awesome, or swell. The phrase "cool" is very relaxed, never goes out of style, and people will never laugh at you for using it, very conveniant for people like me who don't care about what's "in."
Homestar is cool.
The Red Sox are cool.
Twinkies are cool.
A word to use when you don't know what else to say, or when you are not that interested in the conversation. Sometimes, it can be used when you do not have any knowledge of the subject, yet you want to act as if you know-it-all.
Mary: "I saw a very cute kitten just now!"
2. popular; like in a social hierarchy
3. used when a conversation goes silent
5. wicked (new england stlye, NOT evil= wicked)
6. good or great
7. not warm, but not cold
8. okay with each other, not mean to each other, but not necessarily nice, just not mean
1. That new bike is cool.
2. That kid Andrew is really cool.
3. SILENCE..........That's cool.
4. He gave me his lunch when i forgot mine; he's really cool.
5. Thats cool new.
6. A. You were cool in Halo 2.
6. b. That sandwich looks cool.
7. My ice-cream is cool.
8. After the arguement, Bill asked Andrew, "We cool?", and Andrew replied, "Ya, we cool."
laid back, relaxed, not freaked out, knows what's goin on.
has come to mean anything popular
"that's one cool cat."
"wow, that good charlotte (cough*sucks*cough) cd is cool!"
An adjective referring to something that is very good, stylish, or otherwise positive. It is among the most common slang terms used in today's world.
Your computer is very cool.
-When someone is "cool" they are popular, suave, and you like them.
-"That's good, and interesting." You say that version of cool when you're not really listening.
1.Look at Fonzie. He is so cool.
2.Your car is so cool!
3."I just got a new car." "Cool."
American now global slang, 1950s-present
1) superior, desirable, worthy of approval
2) in or beyond the current style; in harmony with an ineffable sophistication
3) graceful despite pressure
4) relaxed, calm, low-key, mellow
6) trustworthy; not a narc
7) under self-control, despite appearances
9) above and beyond a situation
10) characterized by strange masteries and hidden resources
1) ~ it. Stop overreacting.
2) ~ him. Subtly check one's luck or progress.
1) "My new skirt is so cool!"
2) "SF is a cool city." "Miles Davis was a cool dude."
3) "When the cops came, he was cool."
4) "Nothing bothers him. He's always cool."
5) "Cool! I'll start tomorrow."
6) "I can't believe you fired up in front
"No, man, he's cool."
7) "It's OK, man. I'm cool."
8) "Are we cool, man?" "Yeah, we're cool."
9) "Nah, I'm too cool for school."
10) "When he disappeared like that, that was so cool!"
1) "Hey man! Put that gun down and cool it!"
2) "Send Joe over there to cool him."