1. The intentional destruction of a building by placing explosives in strategic areas. Often used by construction companies to remove unneeded buildings, like run-down houses.
2. Arguably the most well-known conspiracy theory about the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Postulates that elements in the US government used the crashes of airplanes into the World Trade Center as cover for the detonation of explosives in the buildings to bring them down.
3. Controlled Demolition, Inc., a construction company hired by the city of New York to clean up the wreckage of the World Trade Center. Often implicated in or blamed for their destruction by conspiracy theorists.
1. The old city museum was brought down by controlled demolition on Wednesday so construction can start on the new one.
2. The incredulousness of the World Trade Center controlled demolition theory is often used to paint an unfair picture of the 9/11 Truth Movement as a whole.
3. Controlled Demolition, Inc. was the only company allowed to clean the WTC wreckage, which has raised some eyebrows.