2)(In America) A political affliation. Conservatives tend to believe in people taking care of themselves with as little government help as possible. They do not usually believe in social welfare systems. They also tend beleive in a strict interpretation of the Constitution in regard to the powers of the governement. Many but not all conservatives are supportive of the war in Iraq. A large portion of conservatives are Republicans.
Sadly, some conservatives (as with all groups of people) are biased and blindlly accuse liberals and other people they don't like of being "un-american" or not committed to protecting our country from terrorists.
3)a) Careful or cautious about things
b) not given to flamboyancy.
2) The conservative politcal commentator started attacking liberal policies, but his facts were not very good.
3)a) We need to be conservative with our firewood so it doesn't run out.
b) That's a very conservative outfit you're wearing for that job interview.
Most often known as fucking nuts by the rest of the world.
- conservative negative ad on liberals.
Group 1: see George W. Bush
Group 2: see Catholic Church
Group 3: see red states, hicks, and rednecks
I am a conservative.
Conservatives blame various national problems such as health care, the economy, and what ever suits the moment on "illegals". This high degree of xenophobia implies a distrust, and dislike of non-white immigrants in reality.
The vast majority of conservatives are as described above, the few "minority" conservatives don't discount the xenophobia of this ideology.
American: Which ones, the illegal Irish immigrants or the illegal Mexicans?
Conservative: Well uh, it's so easy to cross the Mexico border. Illegals, illegals!!
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,- conservatives beleive that Religion, specifically christianity should be the guiding hand of government.
or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble- Connservatives are pro-police violence against protesters and often had liberal journalists killed during Vietnam, also they complain about the "Liberal Media" despicte watching nothing but the idiotic bile that oozes out of Rush Limbaugh's and Sean Hannidy's mouthes.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. -during both the Cold War and the Bush administration phones were tapped and personal records were seized warrantlessly by Conservative governments.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state- not only were gitmo inmates denied a speedy and public trial they were denied an trial by the Bush administration.
2. someone who thinks giving a single mom $10,000 a year in welfare will be a disincentive to work, but thinks letting a rich kid inherit $500,000,000 will make them a productive member of society.
3. someone who thinks that Jesus would oppose social safety nets and progressive tax plans
4. someone who thinks that young black men no longer face any real disadvantages in modern America, but still refuses to let their daughter marry one.
5. someone who thinks a 13 year old should be forced to carry her pregnancy to term, then tries to cut back on child-support enforcement so they can lower the capital gains tax.