New Jersey IS the richest state by median household income and Connecticut is fourth, behind NJ, Maryland and Hawaii. This information is according to the US Census Bureau 2005/06, which is comparably a more updated and official source than U.S. News and World Report 2003. It is amazing how uneducated YOU ARE to so adamantly trash talk a state that you have obviously never lived in. In addition I think it is rather ironic to your statement that New Jersey has the best public education program in the nation.
I was born and raised in New Jersey and lived all over the state. For the past three years I have lived in Connecticut, living in Trumbull, Fairfield, and now Bridgeport (in the Black Rock area) during that time. Connecticut is a nice state but it is quite boring overall in comparison to New Jersey and falls short of Jersey's greatness.
- New Jersey borders New York City and Philadelphia where Connecticut is annoyingly far from NYC and Boston. It drives me nuts when people in Fairfield County especially, front like they are from the City. You can't actually SEE the skyline from your town, no matter where you are in CT.
- New Jersey has a world famous stretch of shore line (and for those who don't know Seaside Heights is only one dirty square mile of the shore) and Connecticut has the polluted LI Sound that has no waves (that makes surfing pretty hard huh).
- In Connecticut you cannot buy alcohol on Sundays and every other day liquor stores shut down at 9 PM! If you're from Jersey you know that when when the liquor stores close at 10 you go to the bars that double as liquor stores, something that CT does not do.
- Unless you're in New Haven (probably the coolest city in CT in my opinion) Connecticut pizza is garbage! North Jersey pizza is real NY pizza and South Jersey pizza is Philly. I don't eat pizza unless I'm in New Haven or I'm visiting family in Jersey or the City.
- Connecticut's music scene is inferior in comparison to NJ's as well. Probably the best band to come out of the state is Hatebreed!
- Connecticut has no major sport teams (RIP Hartford Whalers), they only have UCONN. Jersey has the Giants (super champs) and the Jets (who suck), the Nets, and the Devils (best team in the NHL). Not too mention the Yanks and Mets if you're in North Jersey and all the Philly Teams down south. In Jersey it doesnt take a two hour train ride to get to the Bronx!
- On a side note, Bridgeport is NOT a scary place, shits weak. Try Camden, Newark, Jersey City, etc. And CT's greenery is weak too. I could really go on forever, and I would never feel the need to prove a point if authors like "Jeffrey Fortenberry" weren't so ignorantly offensive.
... I'm sorry if I offended anyone but people are ignorant. I like living in Connecticut sometimes, but it's no comparison to New Jersey. Seriously unless you are driving past Newark on the Jersey Pike (which looks and smells like shit for 5 miles), Jersey does not smell! NJ is the Garden State for a reason! Even our produce is better than CT's, especially our Tomatoes! That's all I have to say for now, I'm rambling.
jersey head: Yo I've been at the surf comp all day in Belmar all day and I haven't eaten yet, I'm gonna hit up White Castle and cop a 10 sac on the way up to Hoboken, I'm meetin some kids at Washington St we're taking the shuttle at 8:30 open bar starts at 9 at McFaddens tonight. Be there its gonna be sick.
connecticut head: Word-up could you pick me up some booze I dont have time, I gotta leave my house in woods at 5 to catch the 5:45 and then I gotta transfer when I get to grand central and catch the 8:45, I'll call you when I'm in times square.
jersey head: word-up I hope that doesnt run you too much, our shuttle is $4 round trip, open bar is 30.
According to U.S. News and World Report 2003 - Connecticut is THE RICHEST STATE in the nation and always has been by per capita new worth, average income, and cost of living. It's amazing how uneducated someone is to say New Jersey (which most everyone would agree is the nation's asshole) would be richer. Have fun peasant, New Jersey is 6th. Get castrated before you reproduce and your uneducated middle-low class spawn infect any more of the planet.
Nice Prada shoes. Are you from Connecticut?
Why yes, where are you from?
Well, that explains the smell.
A unit of measurement, usually meant to gage the size of large disasters.
synonyms: Delaware, Rhode Island, Texas
1. The fire burning in the Amazon has destroyed an area roughly the size of Connecitcut.
2. A region almost the size of two Connecticuts was rendered uninhabitable by the radioactive spill.
3. An iceberg the size of Connecticut broke off of Antarctica today.
You know you are from CT if:
-You can't buy beer after 8 p.m. or sundays
-There is a farm within five miles of your house.
-You have known at least two preppy rich kids from Fairfield who listen to Phish.
-You have deer in your backyard.
-You have been drunk at the Meadows and don't remember the concert.
-You've partied at bonfires.
-You've never looked at a public bus schedule and would certainly never ride it
-You have both girlfriends and guy friends with the same name as you
-You think New Haven is the worst ghetto you've ever seen.
-You get mad at anyone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow.
-You think New Jersey is a toxic waste dump.
-Your family owns more than one house.
-Your high school has won the State Championship in soccer and/or lacrosse several years in a row.
-You have taken riding lessons at the towns Riding Club.
-You spend the summer on Cape Cod, in Nantucket or Marthas Vineyard.
-The cars in your high school's parking lot were worth more than your high school.
-You were pissed that your sixteenth birthday car was a new sedan instead of an SUV.
-You have more than one country club in your town.
-UConn basketball rules and no one can tell you different
-You hang out at Denny's
-You weekend either on the Cape or Rhode Island at a summer home
-You wear flip flops in the winter
-You wear Hollister and know how to surf even though you live in New England
-You own at least 5 designer handbags and go shopping in NYC every we...
Connecticut (abbrev.- CT) is one of the original 13 colonies. It is a crossover of Massachusetts and New York, but is still part of New England. Not everyone is a rich, stuck up asshole like people seem to think, it is an actual state with actual problems and benefits. There are arrogant snobs who put down on people, but those can be found anywhere.
The Nutmeg State
Part of New England
A Pleasant (but boring) State To Live In
Stop ripping on states you haven't lived in, it's annoying.
All of you who think that Connecticut is just where snobby rich kids come from, you're wrong. Yes, about half the people here are asses. But the other half are normal people who just want to live free of sterotypes! The good half of us drive regular cars, not beat up 20 year old cars, but not BMWs and Mercades. We aren't super poor, or super rich. The averages may say that we are one of the richest, but that doesn't mean all of us are rich.
Shut the fuck up about Connecticut being super rich snobs or out of the way hicks. We have a diverse population just like any other state. You ignorant bitches are just listening to sterotypes.
- Richest state
- Highest average IQ at 115
- State which gives the least to charity
Also, the dumbass that said New Haven had nothing but giant houses is a dumbass. Try leaving the Yale area before opening your mouth.
50 Cent has a house in Connecticut
My home state...where New Yorkers go to turn off their brains, where NYC business men keep their mistresses, and the nutmeg state. We also have the highest IQ, highest cost of living, one of the highest teen heroin usage levels, and, of course, nutmeg.
We all just really want to get out of Connecticut