There are multiple meanings for straight-
1. Traditional meaning: Without a bend or curve, evenly formed or set, not crooked.
2. Traditional meaning: Figurative; a) frank, honest, upright, b) right, correct
3. Traditional meaning: in proper order (numeric, chronologic, alphabetic, etc...),
4. Traditional meaning: without interruption or break; continuous, in an unbroken series, without reservations or exceptions,
5. Traditional meaning: unmixed, undiluted (reference to alcohol, or other substances, without qualification, unmodified,
6. Traditional meaning: showing no emotion or humor, serious rather than comic, natural rather than eccentric,
7. Traditional meaning: reliable, sure, authoritative,
8. Traditional meaning: behaving in a conventional manner, holding orthodox views, conventional, standard, normal,
9. Traditional meaning: made up of a set of five cards, as in poker,
10. Slang: term used in agreement, approval,
11. Slang: term used to qualify one's sexual preference,
12. Slang: term used to denote the validity of a statement or claim,
13. Slang: term used to describe a manner of frank communication, i.e.- straight talk,
14. Slang: term used to determine level of understanding, agreement, or otherwise mutual understanding and agreement
Traditionally the word Straight referenced the quality of an object posessing no bends, curves, or twists.
Today the word Straight refers to myriad categories including heterosexuality, commonality of opinion, earnest communication, and level of comprehension.
Special olympics terminology for the NATO phonetic alphabet where each letter is represented by a unique word, which amazingly enough, starts with the letter it represents.
Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu.
"What's the Army alphabet recruit?"
"Apple, boy, candy..."
|24.||mad ape den|
Mad Ape Den is a way to speak or write that will use words that are short. They have just one beat per word. Some words have two or more beats. Do not use them if you want to speak in Mad Ape Den. It can be hard to speak just in Mad Ape Den, but it can be done if you think hard and plan your words well.
Wow. I just read all of "Twelfth Night" in Mad Ape Den. That was cool. Who knew The Bard would sound so good in words so short?
|25.||O M G|
A internet abbrieviation that has managed to break communication boundaries and is spoken by some in public.
Simply put OMG means, Oh my god!
Person 1: "Look at her outfit, can you believe someone would wear that?"
Person 2: "O M G. , have they even heard of the word fashion."
Esrever is a language made up of simply reversing words in the English language that can be modified to fit any language. Esrever is simply the word REVERSE in reverse. It is a much more difficult way of communicating among friends than Pig Latin, or any other made up languages that actually state the word with things added on as a suffix or prefix. Esrever changes the entire word completely in reverse. There are no apostrophes in the origional of this language, you must speak every word by itself, but after awhile, as all other languages, you may adjust it as you wish. Also, pronounciation is an indefinate character. That is decision is left to the individuals speaking, just make sure that you and your friends are all on the same page when it comes to your in particular way of pronouncing words, so not to cause confusion.
An example of Esrever:
Friend 1: Tahw si pu?
Friend 2: Ton hcum, tahw tuoba uoy?
Friend 1: I ma ytterp doog. Nac ton nialpmoc.
Friend 2: Emosewa.
another word for condom
This udder warmer fits my member very well.
The act of writing an e-mail, IM or any form of online communication all in caps to express rage, frustration or bitterness.
Derived from the french word ``e-cris``
The e part meaning that`s electronic and the cris part that the sender is currently ``en crisse`` =P
Please press the caps lock key as I hate you e-screaming at me