Colorado State University is made up of dominantly Coloradans (80%+). This high contingency of Colorado leads to what students describe as "the authentic Colorado college experience." You will also find more down-to-earth people per capita at CSU than any other university in Colorado. Many students are actually paying for their own schooling here, providing a sense of accomplishment and becoming a self-made man/woman.
Colorado is one of the best states to go to college, and that's a fuckin' fact, which makes State the shit due to the following reasons:
1) Awesome college town.
2) Old Town/Bar Scene.
3) Immediate access to Denver.
4) Access to the best ski/board resorts in the world and Red Rocks.
5) Gorgeous natural setting in the Foothills.
6) Horsetooth Reservoir is 5 min. away.
7) You can ski and get hammered on Horsetooth in the same day.
8) Athletic events are free, who cares if we most likely suck, we're shitfaced and having an awesome time. Also, we've shit-kicked CU in every varsity sport this year, which we celebrate like it's the super-bowl to spite CU and their recruiting advantage.
9) The girls are smokin' hot.
10) More than 600 restaurants and bars in Fort Collins.
Bonus) More than 23 medical marijuana dispensaries in Fort Chronic.