- The first 30 minutes of the movie is small talk. You have to late a long time before something happens.
- There's random points in the story where it just flashes back to a previous day without any explanation
- They try to make it look like the whole thing is being shot from a video camera so the screen randomly swings back and forth making your neck sore.
- There are random explosions, screaming, and sounds that give you a headache, after 25 min of random explosions you get annoyed/and bored.
- No one ever explains what the monster is or why it's attacking Manhattan.
- The story has no plot, all you know is a monster is attacking the city, that's all you will ever know.
- The ending sucks, you don't know if they die, or why anything happened, it's like they cut it short cause they were low on budget or something
Most people hate this movie because they claim that the movie gave them a severe headache and diarrhea, and they also claimed that the movie had no plot. In order to avoid the side effects of the movie, sit closer to the back, refrain from eating, and look down and close your eyes to readjust your sense of equilibrium. This movie does not need a plot for those who made the 2nd statement. When a city is attacked, you don't ask questions. You survive, then you ask questions.
Many people don't understand this movie for what it is. Footage of a group of friends as they struggle to survive a bizarre event which they have no information on.
Spectator 2: That was the worst movie I ever saw. I could go film myself on a merry-go-round and give people the same reaction.
Spectator 1: Maybe if you had some imagination, you would feel what the actors were feeling and enjoy Cloverfield for what it is.
The film is shot in a documentary style which adds to the realism and excitement of the movie, and the ending was the best way to cap it off. I can't wait for the sequel.
Dumbass: Actually I hated Cloverfield, but I loved Meet the Spartans.
Film Fan: You must not have understood what Cloverfield was trying to accomplish, and you clearly have bad taste.
The only reason most asshats dont get it is because they don't know anything about J.J. Abrams, or anything ABOUT the monster.
Also, if you were a fan of the movie, you'd acually know they've explained almost everything, and that the second movie, OBVIOUSLY, is going to explain it to nubs like you.
Bob: You shouldn't have even seen it if you expected ONE monster movie to explain everything. Godzilla had like, 3 movies. Jaws had 3, Saw is going on to having 5 movies. Damn, your stupid.
Stan- "You mean Cloverfield?"