Just another Friday night and my Civics ready to race
I got mad props for days from all the races that I’m winning
And when I’m stopped at a redlight my hubcaps keep spinning
My Seat is layed back got my hat cocked to the side
My skin may be white but I claim asian pride
My FWD is just burning up the streets
While I got your head bobbin to this cold ass beat
Tearing down you block with my crazy ass drivin’
I’m ripping through your town like hurricane Ivan
Got the music blaring from my audiovox speakers
The crowd parts in half when I hit the strobes in my blinkers
People gather around looking kinda curious
They all wanted to know if I’m in the Fast and the Furious.
I got out of my car with my pants just saggin
Then popped open my hood so I could start bragging
Chrome exhaust tip with built in LED lights
Custom cold air intake made from PVC pipe
2 Jensen subs in the trunk that are bangin’ hard
Grill from Home Depot made from Gutter Guard
Reving up my exhaust at everything I drive by
Saw a Camero in the slow lane and gave him a ricer fly by
I got your mirrors vibrating from the bass of my subs
I told my momma for Crimus I want the Giovanni Dubs
I got Japanese symbols on the back of my car
If you could read Japanese it would say Type R
I got a carbon fiber wing that stands 3 ft high
It it was any bigger I’d be flyin’ in the sky
Fools driving driving domestics know that imports are superior
I got 15 horsepower just by painting my interior
I got more horsepower than the phonebooks got pages
And my speedometer reads 140 on my indiglo gauges
I got purple neons underneath that keep the ground lit
3 more paychecks and I’ll have my body kit
Got decals on the side of all the sponsors I wanna get
And they’ll all coming crawling cause this songs about to hit
I gotta get my Civic ready for the road to Nopi
When the judges see my car I’ll get the first place trophy
I’ll smoke any car at Hot Import Nights
The only thing you will see is my altezza taillights
Cause everybody knows Hondas are the fastest car yet
I'LL EAT A MUSTANG FOR BREAKFAST AND SHIT OUT A CORVETTE
2)a car that teenager's rich parents buy them as a cheap relaiable transportation, but then they fuck it all up by putting huge fart cans and spoilers on then trying to drive fast and race everyone and thinking they are really cool but everyone is really just laughing at them because they are so goddamn stupid.
There seem to be 3 major themes when it comes to modifiying a civic: JDM, Sleeper, and Rice. JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) characteristics include importing and installing parts from authentic JDM civics (or other japanese honda models) such as side markers, jap instrument clusters, steering wheels, and jap-spec racing wheels (spoon, mugen, 5Zigen, etc. or knockoffs (rota).
Sleeper: A car that remains mostly stock on the outside but has extensive modification to the motor such as a motor swap and a turbo or supercharger. Mild aesthetic and/or performance upgrades are generally suspension modifications (springs, shocks, adj. coilovers, sway bars, bushings, etc) brake upgrades (larger rotors, rear disks, etc), and upgraded, though still factory, alloys (Si, Integra GSR, etc).
Rice: All the rest of the fucking shit you see driving around. "Powered by honda" stickers, ugly altezza taillights, neon glow, heinous body kits (usually unpainted or primered and rarely color matched), stickers so thieves know what to steal, cheap universal mufflers welded to the stock exhaust pipe, cut springs (as opposed to aftermarket springs - you can tell if the springs are cut because the car bounces up and down while it drives on the straightest of roads), etc.
This is the best definition for a honda civic.
- Enlarged exhaust tip to 'enhance the sound', usually chrome while the rest is not.
- Numerous stickers which, if applied correctly, add enough horsepower to make it beat "any V8".
- So-called "Body-kits" which, from what I gather, enhance the cars ability to be useless.
- V-Tec logos; can also be found on honda MiniVans.
- Incredibly unintelligent, obnoxious, and belligerent drivers.
- Senselessly large amounts of pointlessly oversized speakers and amplifiers.
- Shiny things that don't do anything.
- Rims of a size never, ever intended by the manufacturer to be attached to the car.
- "Home" lowering modifications which shorten tread-life of otherwise good tires while adding 0 performance enhancements.
- Pointless hoods made of some composte material with a colouration bearing absolutely no resemblance to the rest of the car.
- Novelty "wings" and "hood scoops" - often mistaken for NASA project parts or commercial airliner wings affixed to the back, regardless of the front-wheel-drive.
If for some reason, the person has the intelligence enough to open the hood and figure out how to affix any of various aftermarket modifications, the car might also feature:
- Numerous additional chrome pieces ('shiny things') which are illegal in California and don't really do anything.
- Several 'FAILED EMISSIONS' stamps on its title
- $1000-$12,000 in aftermarket parts which make the expense (not the value) of the car equal to a normal stock sports sedan with slightly lower performance and none of the features of the other cars
- Pointless bundles of "cable housing" wrapped around heavily insulated cords with no need to be in a cable housing.
- Perhaps a different engine than listed on the VIN, usually illegal or pointless because it costs more than the car's worth to do.
- Neon lights???
- An abundant amount of additional gauges, usually not wired to anything.
- Copious quantities of cosmetic modifications, added regardless of their effect on the appearance (usually negative).
The most interresting part of it all, is that the owners of these phenominal vehicles claim things such as: "with $10,000 in mods it's still cheaper than your mustang or corvette stock and faster".
They fail to see that in proclaiming this they've only insulted themselves. In order to make your vehicle equal to the other said vehicles, you require additional funding which can exceede the value of the car to add countless modifications and ONLY add to the mechanical performance aspect of the vehicle? After all this, your vehicle has now cost as much as my WRX, Mustang, or Camero? The part where you really fail to impress me, is in that your car is still a $10,000 P.O.S. on the inside and it might barely outperform mine, which is beautifully detailed and feature rich while still comfortable, leagel, under warranty, and less time consuming to achieve.
Okay, one more time: you have to spend MORE time, the SAME AMOUNT of money, and the ONLY benefit is a slight mechanical performance increase?
I rest my case. A Honda Civic is just a mediocre mid-sized sedan that costs less and offers no more. You're always going to simply GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.