It is under fire because it destroys the human body in innumerable ways, is highly addictive, and has no medical benefit whatsoever. Generally, people who have been smoking for an extended period of times regret the experience and try to quit in vain (due to the fact that nicotine, a highly addictive substance, is contained in cigarettes). There are many strategies to quitting smoking such as a nicotine patch or chewing gum, designed to satiate the smoker's need for nicotine without killing the buyer.
Despite the fact that these products aimed at helping people quit smoking are making off very well, cigarettes are being banned in some other countries, and the discover that cigarettes contain types of poison and unsavory ingredients, this does not stop the average brain-dead teenager from picking up a pack and effectively inducing five different kinds of hell on their lungs.
Meanwhile, most other people regard them as complete idiots, and they will too, ten years down the line. Cigarettes are the things that some kids in every generation pick up and, being the stupid asshats that they are, think is actually helping them in some twisted way; when in fact, they will look back in twenty years when they are diagnosed with leukemia, mutter, "Wow, I was such a stupid asshat back then.". Then they will have stupid asshat kids, and those kids will, despite their parents' warnings, smoke cigarettes thinking that it's helping them in some twisted way.
Because as we all know, Stupidity is much stronger than logic, fact, and desire to keep one's lungs intact.
2. Something that non-smokers frequently manage to die of cancer without ever using.
3. Something for self-righteous but somewhat timid morons to declaim and campaign against without having to feel like they're going out on a limb.
4. A drug that makes you violent and cuts your IQ in half, damages your liver, frequently causes death on the roads and in homes, destroys careers, lives and families, and costs our country millions every year in lost productivity from people who are too sick to come in to work after using too much of it the night before. Oh no wait, that's beer.
"If people like you didn't exsist I wouldn't have to smoke."
A) It is my civic duty to put into our government system.
2) I'm not a big fan of old people, don't wanna become one.
C) It pisses people off something fierce.
Next) Beer does not reach it's maximum potential in taste without the wonderful taste of a Camel Light.
5) I want to die of something of my choosing, when I get lung caner, the doctors will put me on so much pain medication that I will not notice that the copious amounts of blood that I am coughing out have put my cigarette out.
F) Shit, the movie stars do it.
Times To Smoke:
-After waking up
-Before going to sleep
-While playing poker
-While on smoke break
-While deep in thought
-When around others who smoke
-When writing this definition
-When around people who DON'T smoke
-When doing laundry (i.e. stinky clothes)
-Upon buying a new pack
-When introducing yourself
-When you are living life to it's fullest
-When living fast and dying young
-When drinking coffee
-While watching a movie
These are just a few good reasons and times to smoke. If you do not like smoking, do not smoke. If you do not like cigarette smoke, get a filter. If you don't like smokers, don't date them. And for fuck's sake, DON'T i repeat, DON'T tell a smoker that smoking is bad, we already know and furthermore...we don't care.
Me: "OH MY FUCKING GOD, THANK FUCKING CHRIST, YOU SAVED ME, I HAD NO IDEA THAT IT WAS BAD FOR MY HEALTH, I'm so glad that a person such as yourself has come into my life and saved me from the dangers of cigarettes. You are truley a blessed person."
Johnny Non-Smoker: "Well, man, I thought it was just the right thing to do."
Me: "Oh wait, I forgot, I could give two shits, I hope you die of second hand smoke. Where the fuck is my lighter?"