a person from a country called chile. Duh pronounced Chileno in spanish. No matter what the guy above me says Chileans have good taste in music gennerally better taste than the average latino cuz the average puerto rican or cuban or anybody from central america likes only music that they can dance too and thats cool its traditional for them. Chileans like all kinds of music even if its obscure or popular.Many great bands reside in Chile Los jaivas a great folk/progressive band ,Los tres a great folk/rock/jazz band , then theres other good band like Chancho en piedra,Los bunckers, and cinergia a band that sounds like the incubus S.C.I.E.N.C.E album but instead of brandon singing its a comedian rapping about everyday stuff . As for all the argentinian stuff the guy above was talking about he totally exagerated there are many good if not great or in some cases bad(Miranda) argentinian bands infact the scene is huge but not enough to flood chilean radio. The person who wrote the article above must of listened to the radio once a week or maybe once a month thats the only way i can explain cuz i was there the same time he was . As for all the dictatorship thing, well the only thing i got to say is that chilean ppl dont know how to fallow orders cuz that dictatorship was dissolved ya it took 30 yrs to take pinochet out of his throne but the chileans did it not like other countries who needed help ,another point i can make is that if anybody goes to chile now or watches the news in chile youll see that there are alot of demonstrations that often turn into riots that are about downsizing, school system busspasses which then turned into a country wide "injustices in the school system" riot.
As for the spanish the guy above was talking about...i dont know what traditional spanish is but spanish from spain
(the spanish i assume he knows) is just as complicated and has not as much slang but also has other languages(catalan,valenciano) incorporated into it . Spanish in spain is just as complicated And i bet he doesnt even know that being the average latino that he is only listening to mexican mainstream music dancing to merengue at the bars here in north america. Thinking that chileans have the same taste as him when they dont. obviously being shocked by this fact he decided to write a definition completely cutting chileans up .I felt like i had to go clear the air.
chilean: oye ,me puedes ayudar?
spaniard: si pues que nesesitas?
chilean:donde esta el supermercado?
Spaniard: si caminas cinco manzanas...
spaniard: nosotros llamamos a las cuadras manzanas
chilean: ahh si ahora cacho.
1. Fastest and hardest to understand dialogue of Spanish. Only los Chilenos can manage to speak in such a way because they are skilled in such areas.
2. Chilean people are extraordinarily friendly, have morals, care about other people than themselves, respect people, respect the earth and it's nature. It is not hard to appreciate a Chilean. In looks Chileans usually look like Spaniards. We tend to be light skinned with dark hair and dark eyes, but there are many Chileans who have light hair as well. Chileans are known to be extremely attractive and are enveyed by other South American peoples.
3. The culture of the extraordinary Chilean people is one that can not be taught or read, but must be experienced.
1. Person:" So what are you?"
2. Chilean: " Chileno"
1. Person:" OMG, YOU ARE CHILEAN? WOW what an honor to meet you, that's hott!"
Extremely cool person coming from the country Chile.
"Wow, she's so Chilean."
1. Someone who comes from the South American country Chile
2. Awesome person
Chileans are the coolest people ever, i wish i was Chilean too.
I wish i was chilean.
I suck because im a feverishly pale white british queer.
A person from the Country Chile, which is located in south eastern part of South America....im from chile!!!!!
The Chilean People R the BEST!! :)
a person coming from chile
chile is the most important country in latinamerica
its awesome n when i went to chile was incredible
chileans are extremely funny,cordial,lovable,etc
jamie: where r u from?!
gustavo: oohh...i'm chilean
jamie:ooh thats awesome!
gustavo: yeah i know
gustavo: do ya wanna be my gf?
a pural name for chilean
those chileans have so much pride for there country of chile