Cindy (also spelt Sindy) was originally a UK devised children's doll that was launched in the US as a competitor to Barbie. It struggled to compete and was remodelled and relaunched. It became so similar to its competitor that it attracted a law suit for copyright infringement and was dropped by its creator.
Due to the focus in its product life on unrealistic feminine beauty ideals and market competition, as well as due to its ultimate commercial failure, Cindy/Sindy has become a by-word for the pretty but unpopular, cheaper, loser model that flopped; an also-ran; a generic category filler that is apparently competitive, but ultimately no-one buys.
The term "cindy-moment" is used to describe poor strategic judgment.
Going to that job interview without first reading the position description...that was my real cindy-moment.
A "raver" is one who goes to raves. Contrary to popular belief, there are many different types of ravers.more...
First there are Candy Ravers; these are the ones you see running around shouting things like "PLUR!" or "Want a hug/sucker/glowstick/massage?" They are identifiable by their brightly colored clothing (phat pants being a must...if they're made of fun fur, all the better), enough Candy (brightly colored bead bracelets)to sink the Titanic, oodles of children's toys, as well as a few glowsticks and pacifiers. Candy kids are known as the cutest/most annoying people you will ever meet. A lot of them are pretty fake - it's impossible to be that happy all the time. Candy Kids are also notorious for being users of the drug Ecstasy - this is not entirely accurate, but with the way they dress and act, its not hard to see why this is assumed.
Next we have the "Goth" ravers. They're quite easy to spot - they will be dressed in all black, preferably incorperating some fishnet, spikes, and buckles into their outfits. The more there are the better. They will not socialize outside of the group they came with, and they will NEVER under any circumstances dance. They're too goth for that - dancing equates to happiness and celebration, and that's just not cool.
Ginos and Ginas (also known as "hoochies"). These are those well-dressed, snooty people that really shouldn't even be at a rave. The only reason they're at the party is to pick up on some 15 year old e-tard. Well, maybe no...
A so-called grown-up who doesn't want to grow up (or at least act like an adult) and would instead prefer so-called "children's" stuff for entertainment, like cartoons, toys, comic books, Disney movies, etc. He or she also enjoys colorful "kiddie" snacks like breakfast cereal and Spaghetti-O's and dresses like a teenager or perhaps younger. May or may not be great parents as well as being able to take on adult responsibilities. Not necessarily too immature at least in the public. Not to to be confused with geeks or nerds either, of course!
Also known as "Peter Pan", "young at heart", and "kid at heart".
I'm almost 35 and I love Neopets, Archie comics, children's books, etc. So this makes me a kidult, heh.
A short publication that would have saved you a lot of time if you bothered to read it. However, reading an instruction manual before attempting to assemble/use the product with which it came is a sure sign of mental and physical weakness.more...
Manuals come free with purchases of self-assembly furniture, electronic products, children’s toys and many, many other products.
Some of these products are so simple to use, (eg. A padlock) that a 55 page, multi-lingual, fully referenced brochure doesn’t really seem necessary
When writing an instruction manual, follow these simple rules and you can’t fail;
1. Make the pages from stiff, shiny paper so that it’ll only stay open at the right page with the help of a rock, a toolbox and a dining room table positioned on each corner.
2. Make an extensive ‘Contents Page’ using the smallest font available and ensuring that you number the chapters, sections and sub-sections. Do this even if you only have 3 pages.
3. If applicable, include an illustration of the parts the buyer SHOULD have received and make sure this includes a picture of the manual itself.
4. When you reach the English chapter, don’t be tempted to waste money on a translator, as you can simply guess most English words and make up the rest as you go along.
5. Be sure to include diagrammatical information where appropriate – get a four year old child to help you with the drawings.
6. Make the manual's cover attractive to women so that they can sit on their...
A children's website that uses so much color you'll have a seizure. You have to buy an overpriced stuffed animal and use the code that comes with it to sign up. It's commonly used by kids younger than 13. It's "addicting" to them, but I don't understand why.
oMgZ i LUV my WEBkinzzzz lyk png im byin moreezzzzzz ZZZZ (and so on)
1. To steal something at a store for absolutly no reason, such as antibacterial soap or little children's toys.
2. To be a horribly depressed person that listens to nothing but Emo music and can be found slitting his wrists at any moment of the day.
3. To do something so stupid that it makes people wonder if you might be legally retarded.
4. To take as much time as you possibly can for something that should only take a couple seconds.
5. To suck Slovakian cock.
1. Did you really just steal that? Quit bein such a Jantsch.
2. That guy is so depressed that he's turning into a Jantsch.
3. What in the hell were you thinking? You just pulled a Jantsch.
4. If you had taken any longer I'd start callin you a Jantsch.
5. I saw you go into that room with that Slovakian guy Jantsch.
Children, ages 1 through 11, seen at Wal-Mart after 10:30pm no matter whether it is a weekday school night, holiday night, weekend night, accompanying their parents while shopping. Usually found in packs of 2 to 5 with one or two of the younger stuck drooling in the shopping cart while grabbing at items within their reach. 2 to 3 of the older ones will run amok with the parents in total ignorance of the damage being created. They cross all racial lines. The default clothing is dirty sleepwear or dirty clothing which they wore all day along with always being underdressed for cold weather- lacking coats, gloves, hats. Usually the parents with the children are a mother and aunt or mother and newest boyfriend (usually father to only the youngest child- the others being spread among two or more fathers.) They bend their parent's pathetic willpower to get cheap toys, sugary candy, or sugary drink bottles (ones with the tear off tops) or all three. This might even be their dinner since the family arrived after the in-store McDonald’s closed. In the case of the toys, the boxes are stripped off before the child’s back into the family mini-van which teaches the children the lesson of "instant gratification".more...
These children can also be classified as “future workers of Wal-Mart” since their parent’s failure to provide a structured family environment will generate employees who believe that working for Wal-Mart is a life goal and making $10/hour for 10 years is a good career.