2. you usually have to be fairly strong, they have to lift people over their heads when stunting.
3. you usually have to be flexible, id like half the people who are saying bad things about cheerleaders try to be one for a day, they'd fail, lets see them do the splits.
4. they arnt all blonde, im a cheerleader and i have brown hair?
5. they arnt all preppy, i have girls on my squad that arnt preppy outside of cheerleading practice and games.
6. they have to have balance. half they girls get thrown up in the air, again.. id like to see some of the people who are saying bad things do that.
oh and last. you dont have to be pretty or skinny, its not like its a rule or something.
A person who simply enjoys cheering. I myself am not a cheerleader, but I know several girls who are, and none of them sleep around, nor are any of them bratty or spoiled. They like to cheer, just like people like to write, draw, or swim. Just because you don't cheer doesn't mean you should bash it. Everyone on here claims to be so open minded, but none of them hesitate to slap a label such as 'slut' 'prep' 'richgirl' or otherwise onto people who are human beings JUST LIKE THEM.
As for it not being a sport, I believe that it deserves to be called one. You have to be extremely flexible and spend hours each day practicing and stretching to do the flips, pyramids, and formations that cheerleaders do. When you can do a backhand spring, back flip, and hold up a girl that weighs as much as you do, all the while smiling, then you are free to call it what you want.
So please, before you bash these people and their hobby, think for a minute...are you really acting any better than what you are calling them?
Let's get this straight: Cheerleaders are not dumb. I am a cheerleader and in fact have a GPA of 3.6 and if you have lower than a B- you're dropped from the squad. you have to work hard. 2nd, our team consists of every race and only 2 blondes. We all come from diffent backgrounds and were all different. We're also not sluts. (okay so there are 2, but they were sluts before they became cheerleaders) and by the way, its pretty hard to jump in the air and do flips and kicks in baggy pants without hurting outselves. and finally, being preppy... the point of cheerleaders is to cheer on their team with spirit.
"we're gonna win!"
"Yeah! Go team!"
"we're gonna win!"
girl #2: yeah well have you been to my school?
girl #1: no..
girl #2: didn't think so.
not all cheerleaders are sluts, preppy, and stupid. maybe some are though... if you believe all the movies and what the media shows, then you are truly stupid. Movies such as bring it on are satires, and show some of the assumptions people have about cheerleaders.