2. For the Scottish Highland bagpipes/Irish Warpipes, the chanter (or practice chanter) is used to learn the basics before taking on the full instrument.
2. One must never stop playing the practice chanter as long as they play the pipes.
1) Banter that is used around Christmas time or in Christmas terms.
2) Banter used in terms of Chundering (i.e. vomitting after consumming alcohol)
Briony: "Oh thanks!"
Amelia: "Ooohhh Chanter!!"
2) (After finding vomit in the sink...)
Harriet: "Who can't hold their drink!?..... my mum could do better than that!"
Briony: "Oooohhh Chanter!!"