1. Way to address guys you know without using their name.
According to various dictionaries, probably comes from the German or Yiddish word for boy. It's very informal. Be aware that nowadays in the US, it used just as often mock friendliness when you are being passive aggressive with someone as it is in actual cordial situations.
Also used as a term of endearment by some parents.
2. Elsewhere in the world, in the movie "Whale Rider", which takes place among the Maori tribe in New Zealand, all the kids, boy and girl, refer to each other as "bub" constantly, as do their relatives.
3. Additionally, it can mean "baby" in slang over there.
1. You better watch your step, bub.
2. Come on bub, you can do it.
3. I've been up with the bub since 2 AM, she won't stop crying.
a young friend..a chum...a buddy.
What's shakin', bub?
A pet name for someone special in your life.
Hey bub, i love you..
another word for babes or babe.
uni-sex term, but women generally use it.
"hey bubs, love you."
bub or bubly, also knows as champaign.
You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub
Owner of Bubs' Concession Stand. Enjoys eating his profits and dancing. Has such amazing concessions as cheats,ketchup,catsup,the letter "D",a Strong Sad voodoo doll,a "Deep Impact" DVD,and Strong Bad's gold plated,monogrammed,oven mitts. Also creates "Spamvertisements"
Bubs:I got all types of crazy crap!
same as saying babe.
cuter by saying bub.
also babun means the same thing.
A generic word you can call someone.
What's up bub?
How are you doin bub?
Wow bub, did you see that.
Who's yo daddy bub?