2. To get into trouble with an authority figure such as a teacher or a police officer.
3. To make an escape... usually from an authority figure such as the ones mentioned above.
Student 2: Did the teacher book you?
Student 1: Na man, I booked before she could find out!
oh, just leave it on top of that book.
2. A source of entertainment.
3. A tool barely used by todays societies, because it is not 'cool' to read a book.
2. Neil Gaimain's 'American Gods'
3. Which is a shame, really, because once upon a time (and today, in countries with little money) a book was a precious commodity.
"Doood. You used like those big-wordy thingies."
"I know! My predisposition about books was totally misguided, baseless, crude and illiterate!"