Bisexualism is looked down upon in society because people cannot accept it,since they live by tradition and tradition states that man must be with woman and vice verse.When in reality people can do what they fucking want and noone should be able to force they're judgement and make people scared of the world because of it.
But still bisexualism is also used as a means of attention grabbing.Mainly by young teenaged girls who think it's cool to be bisexual.Though they wouldn't nessicarily make out with a girl normally,they would do it for a guy just so that they can date/fuck him.This is one of the things that makes society even more intollerable of bisexual people and I think that girls who pretend to be bisexual should be looked down upon.I mean if you can't get a damn date just get over it and stop lying to people that you're something you're not.
I myself am a bisexual teenagers and everyone thinks I do it for fucking attention.If I wanted attention I'd fake a suicide bombing or jump of a building or some crap like that.
So in conclusion:Not all bisexual people are sex addicts/attention seekers/ungodly/ or whatever society has embeded into your mind that is stereotypical and messed up.They are regualr people with a different sexual orientation.Just get over it.
Emily: But Tiff told me she'd never be bisexual
Joan:She's just doing it for the attention
Jake: Hey mom I think I like my friend Ryder,but I really like this girl Lily.Is that wrong
Mother:Not at all.(And example of an adult who can accept her child's orientation.This doesn't happen alot.]
Unfortunately in today's society bisexuals are not taken seriously. There are 3 types of "bisexual" (only one of which is genuine);
1. The genuine bisexual. This needs no further explanation.
2. The gay bisexual. This is someone who is actually homosexual but tells people they are bisexual to be able to have relationships with their own gender while feeling more socially accepted than they would if the truth was known about their sexual preference.
3. The attention seeker. These are mostly promiscuous females. Males tend to have a habit of liking seeing girls being sexual with other girls while still liking males. Desperate females claim bisexuality to get sex with superficial guys. If you are male, stay away from these girls. Actually, stay away from these girls no matter who you are.
2. Andrew has never been attracted to females, but he is dating one. His friends know him as bisexual, however.
3. Emma has trouble getting guys. One day she tells some guys that she is bisexual and they are impressed. She then tells everyone she meets and gets sex whenever she wants it...until she dies of syphilis. AHAHAHA!
guy: yes, I like porno.
me: do you like only girl-girl?
guy: no, I like guy-girl, too.
me: Okay, do you like the guys to have a small penis only
guy: no, I like hard, throbbing cocks!
me: okay, then.
*example courtesy of Ron White. Don't sue*
Unfortunately, a minority exists in the bisexual crowd that thinks either A: Everyone is bi and straight or gay people are just in denial B:thinks they are superior to straight or gay people because they have a more "open mind" or C: Say they are bi just because they want to seem hip and/or progressive
"I'm not bisexual. It's not because I'm homophobic, I just quite frankly don't find men attractive."
"Just because you say you are bi doesn't make you counterculture"
Being bisexual can be really complicated, trust me. If you are attracted to the opposite gender your whole life, and suddenly one day you find yourself lusting after someone of the same gender, it can be really confusing sometimes. If one of your friends tells you that they are bi...just give them support and don't go around telling everybody you know. As I mentioned earlier, some people are biphobic. :(
Synonyms Include: 'bi', 'ambisextrous', 'purple', 'going both ways', 'swinging both ways', 'bending both ways', 'batting for both teams', and 'drinking from both taps', to name a few.
Me: Except me.
2. Keeks: So, were you born that way?
Me: Yup, I naturally drink from both taps.
3. I believe that I am bisexual. I am attracted to people of both genders, though I myself prefer girls. For me, the crushes I have on guys and girls feel different somehow. When I like a guy, all I see is his face - I never look at his body at all, and I could care less if he is short or tall or skinny or if he has abs or not as long as he's not morbidly obese or totally anorexic. For girls, it's different. While I do focus mostly on a person's face in general, I actually SEE girl's bodies as being attractive. I especially love their curves...;)
I AM PURPLE AND PROUD OF IT!!! :D BISEXUALS FTW!!
Does not generally mean they are overly-sexed, confused about their sexual preference, trying to hide their true sexuality or sleep around with anyone they can find.
Bisexulality is quickly becoming more and more common - although often still used in derogatory terms, i.e. to portray slutty behaviour - as people become more open with their sexuality. It doesn't always mean they enjoy both sexes equally.
It is often more accepted in females, although that can also mean they might be thought of as 'easy'.