2) The name given to the government in the book 1984, by George Orwell. 'BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU'
2)"On each landing, opposite the lift-shaft, the poster with the enormous face gazed from the wall. It was one of those pictures which are so contrived that the eyes follow you about when you move. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption beneath it ran" ~ 1984 - George Orwell
Big brother is portrayed as a reality tv show when, in reality, it is not. Free food, free drinks (including alcohol), shelter, no need to work, housemates you don't like (but still want to f***) and regular silly tasks 24 hours of the day does not sound like reality, unless of course you are an art student at the University of Birmingham. The only time you really feel you are seeing reality is on eviction night, when the housemate faces their partner and finally remembers "oh shit, i wish i didn't do that" and you get a look from their partner that says "you're in for it. just wait 'til we get home..."
Day 22, 4.05am. Craig sneezes.
Day 22, 4.17am. Anthony coughs.
2. The character in the novel '1984' from which the term is derived
3. Colloquial term for one's older male sibling
4. A shitty TV show
2. Nobody heard what Big Brother
was saying. It was merely a few words of encouragement restoring
conﬁdence by the fact of being spoken.
3. My big brother is here to pick me up. Act natural.
4. I like to watch Big Brother cause they stupid on that show.