Rodeo- When one team shoots, misses, and gets the ball back, at the end of their turn they get a chance to make a cup by throwing it behind their back. This is worth two cups if made
Death Cup- If one team makes a cup and the opposing team fails to remove said cup from the table, and the other team makes the same cup in question again, this is Death Cup and the opposing team looses and drinks all the cups on the table. (see recycle)
Recycle- This is when the winning team chooses to recycle their alcohol for the next game, even if death cup happens, because they do not want to share it with the opposing team.
Both Balls Same Cup- This can either be worth 3 cups and balls back to the team who made them, or 2 cups and balls back, host's choice
Rerack- There can either be one or two reracks, host's choice.
Air Ball- The team that Air Balls drinks one cup of opposing team's choosing, unless it is the final cup
Automatic I- If there are only two cups remaining, the team can use the Automatic I rule to straighten them up.
No Shooting While Drinking- If a shot is made while the opposite team is clearly drinking and has no way of knowing the game is on, the shot is canceled.
Greg: Yeah man, but i need to know his house rules so i can keep up with what is cool and whats not.
Cory: Yeah man, he will hit us up with the essentials.
Beer Pong Table
Beer Pong Table!
Beer Pong configuration of 55 cups. Usual configutations are pyramids of 6 cups.
Note: Table size, number of players/cups, and house rules concerning bounces, misses, and crossovers vary depending on the college/fraternity/drinking club involved.
The traditional style is a pyramid-scheme of 10 cups on each side, filling them with 2-3 12oz beers, with each side having a water cup to wash the balls. The game is usually played with 4 people although you can also play singles.
The object of the game is to toss a ping pong ball into your opponents cup, and if done so they must drink. There are many different varieties of beer pong, one of the most famous is shown in the movie Beerfest, called Paddle Pong, played with one cup and ping pong paddles.
For more information on beer pong game types or the official rules please check www.ponguniversity.com
beerpong rules vary based on the "house rules" but the general rules (from a Bay Area point of view) are as follows:
1. Both teams of two sets up a pyramid of 10 18oz cups at the very end of the table and fill them with 3 cans of (cheap) beer. (4-3-2-1).
2. Each side picks one person to shoot for who goes first. The two players must keep eye contact for the first shot and not look at the cups while they shoot, and when someone makes it that cup is not drank, it only determines which team gets to shoot first.
3. Which ever team gets the "eye to eye" shot gets to shoot first, and both players take turn shooting. Their elbow must not cross the edge of the table when shooting.
4. If they make a shot, the other team drinks that cup.
5. If they bounce the ball into a cup the other team must drink two cups, but if when shooting a bounce shot the other team is allowed to swat the ball away before it sinks so you have to be sneaky.
6. If both players shoot the ball into the same cup the other team either has to drink 3 or 4 cups depending on house rules.
7. If both players make their shot, they get their balls back and get to shoot again. If a player makes 3 shots in a row they get to shoot until they miss.
8. If you miss your shot and the ball rolls back to your side you are allowed to turn around and shoot behind your back as an extra shot.
9. All trick shots (ex. off the wall) are worth 3 cups.
10. If someone knocks over one of their own cups or hits the ball before it bounces or hits a cup they must drink one of their own cups.
11. Each team is allowed 1 or 2 re-racks depending on house rules. A Re-rack is when the cups are all scattered and you can put them into a formation of your choice to make it easier to make.
12. After the last cup is made the other team gets one chace for redemption and each player gets to shoot again. If one or both make it they get to shoot til they miss. If by some miracle they make all the cups as well the game is a tie.
13. After a team wins with the last cup the losing team must drink all the cups remaining on the winning side that they did not make.
14. If a player doesnt make a single shot they have a punishment based on house rules. Typically they have to get naked or sit under the table for the next game.
Jake: Is there going to be beerpong?
Tim: Uhh duh, if there wasn't then it wouldn't be a party!!
Jake: ok, i'll be there!!