The object of the game is to shoot the ping pong balls into the opponents cups, making them drink. Once all cups on one side of the table are made, then the team who made the cups win.
Special rules: Make it till you miss... when a team makes the last cup, the opposing team has an opportunity to make all the remaining cups as long as they do not miss, if they do, game over.
Satellites - the cup you are drinking out of is your satellite, if an opposing player makes it into your cup, game over.
Bounces - bounces can be off of anything, the table, wall, a person, as long as it bounces, a bounce counts as two cups.
If both players from one team makes the same cup in the same turn, they win.
Every house has different house rules, usually posted on the wall. Find out what house rules they use when playing and abide by them.
Beer Pong Table
Beer Pong Table!
Beer Pong configuration of 55 cups. Usual configutations are pyramids of 6 cups.
Note: Table size, number of players/cups, and house rules concerning bounces, misses, and crossovers vary depending on the college/fraternity/drinking club involved.
The traditional style is a pyramid-scheme of 10 cups on each side, filling them with 2-3 12oz beers, with each side having a water cup to wash the balls. The game is usually played with 4 people although you can also play singles.
The object of the game is to toss a ping pong ball into your opponents cup, and if done so they must drink. There are many different varieties of beer pong, one of the most famous is shown in the movie Beerfest, called Paddle Pong, played with one cup and ping pong paddles.
For more information on beer pong game types or the official rules please check www.ponguniversity.com
beerpong rules vary based on the "house rules" but the general rules (from a Bay Area point of view) are as follows:
1. Both teams of two sets up a pyramid of 10 18oz cups at the very end of the table and fill them with 3 cans of (cheap) beer. (4-3-2-1).
2. Each side picks one person to shoot for who goes first. The two players must keep eye contact for the first shot and not look at the cups while they shoot, and when someone makes it that cup is not drank, it only determines which team gets to shoot first.
3. Which ever team gets the "eye to eye" shot gets to shoot first, and both players take turn shooting. Their elbow must not cross the edge of the table when shooting.
4. If they make a shot, the other team drinks that cup.
5. If they bounce the ball into a cup the other team must drink two cups, but if when shooting a bounce shot the other team is allowed to swat the ball away before it sinks so you have to be sneaky.
6. If both players shoot the ball into the same cup the other team either has to drink 3 or 4 cups depending on house rules.
7. If both players make their shot, they get their balls back and get to shoot again. If a player makes 3 shots in a row they get to shoot until they miss.
8. If you miss your shot and the ball rolls back to your side you are allowed to turn around and shoot behind your back as an extra shot.
9. All trick shots (ex. off the wall) are worth 3 cups.
10. If someone knocks over one of their own cups or hits the ball before it bounces or hits a cup they must drink one of their own cups.
11. Each team is allowed 1 or 2 re-racks depending on house rules. A Re-rack is when the cups are all scattered and you can put them into a formation of your choice to make it easier to make.
12. After the last cup is made the other team gets one chace for redemption and each player gets to shoot again. If one or both make it they get to shoot til they miss. If by some miracle they make all the cups as well the game is a tie.
13. After a team wins with the last cup the losing team must drink all the cups remaining on the winning side that they did not make.
14. If a player doesnt make a single shot they have a punishment based on house rules. Typically they have to get naked or sit under the table for the next game.
Jake: Is there going to be beerpong?
Tim: Uhh duh, if there wasn't then it wouldn't be a party!!
Jake: ok, i'll be there!!