Of or relating to a black person. Coming from the cliche "black is beautiful." In no way meant to be derrogatroy.
I went to a "beautiful" neighbor hood and kicked it with some "beautiful people."
People who have a face/body that is generally very pleasing to the eye, although they tend to have rotten personalities because they have grown up spoilt and excessively complimented just for looking the way they do, often resulting in their ego being a thousand times greater than that of a normal person. This enlarged state of ego often breeds arrogance and disregard for others as the individual views themself as social superior.
Can be interpreted as a positive or negative term.
1) We'll never be one of the beautiful people - THANK GOD!
2) Damn, look at those beautiful people!
1) "Beautiful People" is a phrase used by "hippies" in the 1960's counterculture to describe other people in their sub-society. Basically a synonym for "hippie", but "Hippies" was, for many, a somewhat derogatory term; "Beautiful People" is still considered by many "hippie"-like people to be one of the highest compliments. This title became more widely known after the publication of "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" by Tom Wolfe.
2) Originated from the "Beautiful People Letter", a form letter sent home by many "hippies" to their worrying middle-class mothers.
3) Can be derogatory in and of itself, considering that a lot of so-called "Beautiful People" are actually rich hypocrites trying to be cool.
1) Square - "Where were you last weekend?"
Beautiful Person - "Oh, I was hanging out with some Beautiful People up at Yasgur's Farm."
2) "Dear Mother, I meant to write you before this and I hope you haven’t been worried, I am in (San Francisco / Los Angeles / New York / Arizona / a Hopi Indian Reservation!!!! / Ajijic / San Miguel de Allende / Mazatlan, Mexico!!!!) and it is really Beautiful here. It is a Beautiful scene. Beautiful People doing Beautiful Things."
3) How does it feel to be / One of the Beautiful People? ... Baby, You're a Rich Man.
--Baby You're a Rich Man, The Beatles
A Marilyn Manson fan.
"how dose it feel to be one of the beautiful people!?"-Marilyn Manson.