A. No, they're going to Hell(tm). I'm a Sovergn Grace Baptist.
Baptists often form working groups, ie Southern Baptist Alliance, to support each other. There is also a Baptist World Alliance which is chaired by Rev. David Coffey
that give virtually no respect to those that disagree with their beliefs. Basically the Christian equivalent of a muslim terrorist, the members of this faith, especially of more fundamental sects, boycott the expansion of human knowledge when not in relation to religious beliefs. They take the bible literally to an extreme extent, and destroy the once good name that Christianity held. They justify themselves by claiming to be the only true followers of Christ. They favor extreme faith over logic, and border insanity.
Many Baptists throughout time can be seen committing violent acts, such as the Westboro Baptists, in relation to the boycott of American soldier funerals, and the extreme persecution and hatred of homosexuals, and Jews; basically everyone whos not a hard-core Baptist.
From normal eyes: "I support the expansion of the human mind and of science and all that is logic."
Baptists beleive that heaven is reached through, of course, baptism, and deep faith in Jesus Christ. They are know for their aggressive recruiting of new followers and almost militant approach to people who challenge their beleifs or do not fit their ideals. They are almost competitive with other religions in their attempts to gain followers.
Their Churches are usually large and impressive, and the bigger ones are well funded, or privately owned.
Baptist children will ask you if you beleive in Jesus Christ, and may tell you that you are going to Hell if you say no. They tend to completely accept their parents opinions without question.
And discussion with a Baptist about religion will most likely turn into an arguement about the fate of your soul, who will probably be heading downstairs, in their opinion.
Baptists also tend to make a great fuss about such topics as birth control, abortion, war, and the death penalty. They usually refuse to hear anyone else's veiwpoint on these issues and will frequently use the name of God to justify their ignorant opinions. They tend to be hypocritical on these issues and become flustered when proven wrong.
Some Guy: Bitch, I'm Catholic.
Baptist: Let's bomb an abortion clinic and then go kill those heretics in Iraq!
Some Guy: Whatever happened to 'Thou shalt not kill?'
Baptist: Let's pass a law against birth control and abortion!
Some Girl: So... what are you gonna do if you daughter gets pregnant?
Baptist: Oh, well, we'll have the doctor take care of it.
Some Girl: That's not gonna happen if birht control is ILLEGAL. Idiot.
Baptist: ... You're going to hell.
1. The well adjusted baptist: Self explanitory. Lacks most of the defining characteristics of the other classes of Baptists. Well adjusted people who are pretty intelligent and usually rather proficiant in debate. In my experience, these people are few and far between. Are also more open minded to issues like gay marriage and abortion.
2. The nearly-hardcore baptist: A watered down version of the hardcore baptist. Are close minded and stupid. Can be found in places similar to Ansley Park in Atlanta. Close minded as all get-out, but they're not the type of people to go bomb a clinic, mainly due to the concern that they might get the blood of a sinner on their khakis.
3. The hardcore baptist: Total fucking retards. Owe more to the backwoods rapist from "Deliverance" than John The Baptist. The type of person who WOULD bomb an abortion clinic. See the film "Jesus Camp" for more info on this class of baptist.
2. The people on my swim team. Reguraly ridicule me for being liberal, and refuse to come into contact with me, as they think I have some disease. They are semi-hardcore baptists.
3. The people who beat me up at a wrestling meet for saying evelution is more convincing than creationism. One of their moms later threatened me, too.