2) The modern face of India, which shows that India is not just about tigers and maharajahs.
3) The back office of the world, where MNC's outsource the work. And oh before you sneer at back office clerks, let me remind you, Intel's latest chip version was developed here. And oh yes G.E. has it's only second R&D center here, after the US, the John F Welch Technology Center, where i worked previously. And dont tell me that all Silicon Valley folks are innovators and inventors.
4) Inspite of the traffic jams, increasing pollution, it still has one of the best climate in India.
5) A city where any person from any corner of India can feel at home. Where it is not mandatory to learn the local language. Where every Bangalorean knows at least 3-4 languages.
6) A city which has one of the best dining out cultures. From pubs to street corner restuarants to fast food outlets to inexpenseive outlets catering to office goers in need of a quick bite, it has everything for any one. And the variety of cuisine is mind boggling, Punjabi, Kannada, Mallu, Mangalorean, Andhra, Bengali to Italian, Thai, Chinese it has everything.
7. A place which has a wealth of options for those seeking to get away during the weekend. From forests to hill resorts to beaches to angling trips, everything is pretty close by.
8. A city where a large percentage of the population is edcuated and knowledgable. Where it is possible to have a good conversation.
Pubbing and clubbing are not alien concepts in Bangalore.
I love Namma Bengalooru.