2. walks in time with the music in public places such as stores or amusement parks
3. lives for the 4 hour bus rides to competitions
4. has survived gruelling band camp for 12 hours a day with little food and water
5. has bad tan lines
6. tend to be bisectional
7. are frequently asked if they are gay.
8. get along with theatre kids
9. have issues with chorus kids
10. recognize intruders in the band room aka non-band kids
11. have giant bus orgies
12. all date each other or at least have fwb
13. constantly hum band music
14. know all other sections' parts
15. extremely perverted
16. start all their stories with "this one time at band camp" and then laugh when non band kids think it's funny when they really have no idea how true it is
17. take the time to read all the definitions for band geek and smile at each one knowingly
Known to date other "band geeks," roll their feet outside of band, generally have random and/or strange thought processes, are generally some of the coolest and most talented people ever, while some are quite possible the scariest people ever.
Not to be confused with "orch dorks" or "choir queers"
1. When you lay in a three-pointed star (three people) on the floor of the band room in the dark composing music
2. When the members of your particular instrument stick to each other like glue (and the teacher thinks you all are attached by a string).
3. When you find yourself loudly humming your music as you walk down the hallway to another class.
4. When you end up teaching little 6 month old babies to play their first scale.
5. When you memorize your music and talk about how cool a piece of music is to anyone who's willing to listen.
6. When you miss band class and actually look forward to it as the highlight of your day.
7. When you witness the above actions in every day life and no longer think that its weird.
See also: band nerd and band dork
Other Band Geeks: (nod approvingly)
1. plays one or more musical instruments well (see bisectional)
2. eats, lives, sleeps in bandroom
3. considers band the most important class of day and frequently skips other classes to go to it
4. Has CPS (chronic playing syndrome) but does not suffer, rather enjoys every minute
5. Dates exclusivly band (or other musical: e.g. chorus) people
6. Understands band jokes
7. 99% chance of a horribly peverted mind
8. Worships band director/ drum major as god/jesus
9. Is in marching band and loves it more than life itself
10. has seen a lot of the other people in band and guard
11. IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME/COOL!
I'm such a band geek, I'm at school 2 hours before it starts, 4 days a week so I can be in jazz band, have advanced band every day in 5th period, and on Wed. I have sax lessons!