Therefore, a baller is, literally, 'one who balls'
Other connotations of the word include:
1. One who exhibits a consistent proficency at-, or exuberant love for the game of basketball.
2. One whose person has been fully and successfully established in numerous social circles (esp. one who is extremely popular with both the male and female members of any given social group)
3. One whose status in society has been earned by one's possession of "game" (that is, proficiency at the game of life)
1. Exhibiting those qualitites of a baller; not limited to the description of a person, 'baller' may be used to describe any place, thing or situation.
1. "Kobe Bryant... now THAT kid's a baller"
2. "Wanna be a baller, shot caller, twenty inch blades on the impala, caller getting laid tonight..."
3. "Hey yo! Don't let nobody else up in this booth. I see nothing but gansters up in here, I see nothing but ballers up in here..."
1. "This Sh*t is baller"
Suburbanation of 'Baller':
"Wow, that man is really quite 'on the ball'."
2. A person who finds success and wealth. The source of income is usually unknown by others, but can tell wealth by the "baller's" attire and usually cocky attitude.