Synonym for film pirating. Originating in Yorkshire. Teenagers from the UK wanted to make pirating sound more illegal and dangerous. Also can be used in other terms as in "music-snorting" for illegally downloading music.
1. That film was awful, I wouldn't even snort it!
2. I've just been online film snorting the latest movie.
3. He went to prison; he was caught film snorting!
4. You wouldn't snort a car...
1) A Britishism, Adj. The correct, though often counter-intuitive, spelling of a word in English that is widely misspelt in the United State’s version of the English language.
2) A Britishism, Adj. The correct, though again admittedly counter-intuitive, pronunciation of certain words that are expressed differently in the States: due to the deviation of evolution in our separate linguistic developments (or lack thereof). Some scholars believe that certain American dialects are closer to the original forms of English than those currently spoken in England, largely due to the xenophobic nature of a nation afraid of change. Other scholars disagree. Others simply do not care.
3)Briticism, noun. The view taken of Britain by America, through the distorting lens of U.S. pop-media in film and television, designed to demonise British people and make them appear more threatening than they probably are.
It is similar to Said’s theory of Orientalism, except America has yet to declare war on Britain, so it doesn’t bother the British nearly as much as Orientalism probably bothers people in the Middle East.
To be fair, the Brits are responsible for an incalculable number of atrocities; we did have the largest Empire the world has ever seen after all; now all we have is a testimony to that fact in the Guinness Book of Records, an incompetent government, and a healthy dose of national cynicism.
1) Britishism, Briticism: Americans insist on replacing "s" with "z" at every available opportunity. There are many other examples, this is just the most annoying.
2) Britishism, Briticism: Lieutenant I believe is spelt correctly in the U.S. but it’s pronounced “Left-tenant”: L-E-F-T, get it?
3) Briticism: The Patriot was an awful film, also pretty inaccurate; it cast us Brits in a pretty demonic light, when really both sides did some pretty unpleasant things. You did destroy our tea, and that is simply not done.
Too many others to list, but we're always the bad guys, it's probably our own fault for being so horrible.
I don't get the paradoxical nature of your notions that we are "limeys" and the aspersions you cast on our dental health. The sailors used to suck limes to avoid scurvy which is essentially a horrible gum disease, is it not? Plus in modern terms, our free dental care system on the NHS beats the hell out of your sinister Insurance system. American prejudice is surely harming America as much as it harms the world at large.
used to describe something that is truly truly crap,awful etc
I went to see that film last night it was totally Gash Biscuit
A word to use when you face something so terrible, so horrific and so god-awfully bad that you go almost speechless. Thankfully, this word comes to help in just those situations just as "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" is supposed to be uttered when you have nothing else to say.
Parodying the popular Disney song "Supercalifragilistiexpialidocious", the Nostalgia Critic, also known as That Guy With The Glasses, resorted to this word in his review of the 1997 film "Batman and Robin", a film that arguably meets the previously mentioned requirements of hideousness.
Sing the word for a proper effect.
a film so bad the censors really ought to go and pull it,
sadly there's not many words that only rhyme with "bullshit,"
Here's a film so awful I'd rather have a guy
come circumcise me with an axe and poke me in the eye,
I'd rather drink a giant bowl of ape and monkey splooge,
and there's another million things that I would rather do!”
-The Nostalgia Critic
|5.||2 girls 1 cup|
2 girls 1 cup owes it's origins to a film sharing the same title in which two young girls of appropriate age engage in socialy questionable acts including: consumption of one another's feces, consumtion of the regurgitated aforementioned feces, and aside from the shit and puke eating some pretty hot lesbian action. This having been explained, its defined currently as a description of anything traumatic and disgusting enough to shock, often relating to but not exclusive to the consumtion of vomit or feces.
Reginald: I say I say good sir have you seen the cinema film "The Human Centipede"? Farnsworth: No my good man I've not seen this feature would you recomend I take my best girl and her father? Reginald: Well my gentle sir I'd say that shits 2 girls 1 cup!
the attempt of being scary, gory, dark, edgy, or erotic and failing to do so. See also - Gorno: the film
Dude is this supposed to the like gore and porn together? it's just stupid and awful! its just so...Gorno!
In a movie, every frame must provide something usable in the film trailer.
The movies "Armageddon" and "Kangaroo Jack" were awful because they followed the Bruckheimer Principle