|491.||Rage Against The Machine|
Beat the X-Factor finalist Joe whats his face to the Xmas No1 spot in 2009, all thanks to Jon and Tracey Morters epic Facebook campaign to get their best known song "Killing in the Name" to No1 in the Xmas charts.
As a big thankyou they put a free gig at Finsbury park in London June 6th 2010 with support acts such as The Gallows, Roots Manuva and Gogol Bordello.
The gig it'self was awesome and Rage handed over a cheque for over £130,000 from all their Xmas sales to Shelter, a charity for the homless which the Facebook campaign also raised over £100,000 for as well
an activity defended by its fans based chiefly on the following, poorly-reasoned premises:more...
1. It is the "most popular 'sport' in the world." This poor reasoning adheres to the two-pronged logical fallacy of collectivism: (1) what many enjoy does not mean all should enjoy; (2) what many enjoy does not make an activity "good". Further, fans of soccer who base their fandom on its popularity engage in self-perpetuation: "i'm a fan because it's the most popular sport in the world."
2. Soccer requires significant athletic skill and conditioning. Though soccer may, indeed, require significant skill and conditioning, the argument of soccer supporters fails quickly when they attempt to parlay this argument as making soccer's physical requirements superior to the conditioning required for sports such as football, etc. The simple fact is, the activity of soccer, like sports, is played in short bursts of speed, and long lags of standing or shuffling around - the same "lapse of activity" that fans of soccer find fault with baseball, football, etc.
3. Soccer players are tough. This is perhaps the most laughable of rationales, as, even though it may hold water, anyone ever observing "soccer dives" would instantly dismiss this reasoning. Those wishing to proffer the "but they're REALLY HURT when they take dives" defense need look no further than any one of dozens of compilation videos on youtube of soccer players crashing to the ground in agony after being brushed by an opponent.
From the word 'dissident' and the corporation 'Disney', this term denotes a person who is involved in a boycott of Disney and all Disney affiliates. Much like a vegetarian, this person will probably believe themselves to be morally superior, and try to force their beliefs on you whenever possible.
Tom: HEY! I just got this awesome new DVD of Wolverine! Want to come over and watch it on my massive tv and pretend like we're X-men?
Paul: No dude, I'm a Disnedent. Marvel are owned by Disney now after the August 2009 buyout. I'd prefer it if you provided some ethically-sound entertainment, actually.
While presently enjoying a pleasant situation, or often in hindsight of any form of delight and/or entertainment, it is quite common for one to comment, "gts," a teenage slang term and accepted reference to "good times". However, why is this shortened form of the phrase only used in reference to pleasure? Why not when one experiences, for example, sexual or racist feelings? The "Alphabet Times" is a clear and obvious solution to this problem. When experiencing any feeling of any sort, "good" may be replaced with any other applicable adjective/noun/verb, and emotion can be relayed by expressing yourself in "ats" to "zts".
fucked up times
good times (classic)
KKK times/ kleenexy times
nimbus 2000 times
rusty nail times
The fate of lame definitions sent to Urban Dictionary that start with:
- An incredibly attractive man who will...
- An act in which you pull your... into a girl´s... so she starts...
- X is an awesome girl. She is crazy! She is your best friend. X's are usually blonde with blue eyes.
- The coolest guy in the world!
- The act of desecration and contempt for the woman involved and, by extension, all women in which the man inserts his... into the woman´s... then producing a... that causes the girl to...
- An amazing person. Possessing super-human intelligence, dazzling looks, being extremely good at...
- An awesome human being who is so cool, you'll just have to...
- A machine, great in bed and extremely sexual, really smart, and adorably hilarious. You're lucky to have them in your life...
- She will only giggle, blush and shake her head-but not in a conventional way..
Well... you get the idea. Mostly, anything that does not follow Urban Dictionary´s Guidelines, but sometimes get approved by intellectually challenged teens who become UD editors in order to get approved theirs mates names, insults, or preteen retarded sexual fantasies.
A: "Oh My Gawd I can´t way to see Rita´s name published by Urban Dic!"
B: "What did you send?"
A: "Well... you know... RITA: the most epic, awesomest, girl in the whole planet. A Rita is...."
B: "Ok... I get the idea but, how do you think they will publish such a stupid definition instead of a well-deserved Don´t Publish?"
A: "I have a friend who is an Urban Dic editor and he promised."
B: "Holy crap!"
|496.||I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP!|
Famous quote that COD MW2 player Strixal repeatedly shouts out in-game to noobs he schools.
Noob - "I'm awesome, I will pwn u all!"
(Strixal kills Noob x 9999 times)
~ Silence ~
Strixal - "I'M THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP!"
Let’s see, Windows Mobile DOES have free apps. With all smartphones, the ONLY thing they ever have to do is manage your contacts idiot! They only have to automatically manage your E-Mail, SMS, MMS, and social networking. Other phones such as Blackberry, iPhone, and Android phones also need a mandatory data connection so why JUST bash WinMo for also needing one? Also after using the HTC Touch Pro2 I can ensure the 3G is far from slow. Also Windows Mobile has a task manager to end apps if you aren't using them, the only reason they stay running is because the OS is MADE for multitasking and the ability to switch from app to app freely without having to start them all over. (Ex: Listening to music on Windows Media Player while replying to an text, then switching to the internet browser to copy and paste a paragraph into the Microsoft Word document you had running in the background for a project you had due for your boss, then when you finish the document you forward it straight to your boss through the E-Mail app w/o ever having to even touch a computer) They also have an option in the settings to close the app instantly when you click the 'X' (or to tap and hold the 'X') so you don't have to go through task manager. The only people who complain about Windows Mobile are the idiots too dumb to learn how to use something. Windows Mobile 6.5 has an awesome easy to use interface and on HTC phones they make it even easier to use with HTC Sense or TouchFlo 3D.more...