1. Manufactured product who only makes news and gains fans by dissing others and trying to be unique when that ain't the case.
2. The female Vanilla Ice.
3. A wannabe trying to fit in but never can.
4. This generation's Vanilla Ice.
5. Somebody who tries to distance herself from REAL music like Eminem and David Bowie.
6. Today's Vanilla Ice.
7. An artist whose music belongs in the category of shit cuz it ain't rock nor pop.
8. An artist that rekindles memories of Vanilla Ice.
9. An artist that unfairly gains attention when Canada produces much better artists like Inessence, Bif Naked, and especially Shawn Desman.
10. Something that makes people want to play a Vanilla Ice record because her music is that bad.\
See Vanilla Ice
Educated fan: BS.
Uneducated fan: She sells record and has got fans.
Educated fan: So did Vanilla Ice.
Uneducated fan: Yeah, well Vanilla Ice was good.
Educated fan: Shoots uneducated fan!
Person with a functioning brain:"Shut the f*ck up, b*tch!"
All her songs are the same, it's the old 'I had a boyfriend but he dumped me because I'm ugly, boo hoo', roughly translated as 'A six year old could write better shit than me! Buy my CD to inflate my ego further!'
Gave both punk and Canada a bad name.
Is Avril good? No.
Is it fun to diss her? Yes, yes it is.
Me: Fuck off.
Avril: Omg you biatch! You'd better be careful or, like, I may like, run and get my mummy.
No more avril. yay.
Try her first album. In my opinon, she's not all that bad.
And the reason why most people think that she is a "wannabe"
is beacuse of the fact that majority heard only her third album, "The Best Damn Thing". And to tell you shit-for-brains the truth, the song "Girlfriend" ISNT EVEN THAT BAD. Just beacuse of the fact that she sang " HEY HEY YOU YOU I DONT LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND. NO WAY NO WAY I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE" does NOT mean that she all of a sudden a skank or slut. Im not defending her or anything, but the first FIFTY entries of Avril were either " A MINDLESS SKANK" or "A DISCRACE TO THE MUSIC BUSINESS". I berley even listen to pop punk that much, but I LOVE the song "Girlfriend".
There. Problem solved.
And by the way, she sings pop rock, not punk.
"I created punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney Spears walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation." -Seventeen Magazine
When she actually learned who the Sid Vicious actually was (intensely hardcore bassist for the Sex Pistols, 1977-1979), she followed up with:
"People are like, 'Well, she doesn't know the Sex Pistols.' Why would I know that stuff? Look how young I am. That stuff's old, right?" -Entertainment Weekly
And hence, she has become one of the largest detractors to the modern punk movement.
If you want to hear some actual punk, see:
-The Dead Boys
-Fleas and Lice
-and of course The Sex Pistols