There are two general meanings.
1. The absence of a sexuality, most notably in humans. Some may just not be sexuallly attracted to others, otehrs may completely lack a sex drive or sexual desires. Common misconceptions are that such people have suffered sexual abuse, are emotionally frigid, are closet homosexuals, masturbate ten times a day, are too ugly to get in a sexual relationship or are impotent. This, more often than not, does not apply.
2. Without sexual intercourse. For example, cells (be it nerve cells, bacteria or other protozoa such as amoeba) reproduce via mitosis (or dividing) as opposed to sexual reproduction. The result tends to be two cells of exactly the same genetic structure as the 'parent cell', though genetic mutation can occur if the DNA is duplicated incorrectly.
Connected words/phrases: asexuality, sexuality, sexual, mitosis, cell division, queer (asexuality is considered a queer sexuality. This is not a negatiive connotation, only meaning 'different').
1. I am not a closet homosexual, I am not impotent, I have not been sexually abused, I am not emotionally frigid, I don't masturbate ten times a day, and while I am one ugly bastard peopel round here are so easy I could get nookie the second I want it. I just don't want it. I am asexual.
2. Apart from rare cases where cells reproduce via meiosis (splitting into four cells), most cells reproduce via mitosis. Originally the human body is just one zygote cell, two gamete cells fused together. At adulthood, there are millions or perhaps billions of cells all with different purposes, nerves, muscle, skin, brain tissue... This is all possible due to mitosis, the non-sexual reproduction of the cells themselves. However, the human body requires sexual reproduction for the initial cell. An example without this is bacteria, which have no form of intercourse and simply divide. This is asexual reproduction.
a person who is not interested in or does not desire sexual activity, either within or outside of a relationship. asexuality is not the same as celibacy, which is the willful decision to not act on sexual feelings. asexuals, while not physically sexual-type folks, are none the less quite capable of loving, affectionate, romantic ties to others.
while many women involved in so-called "boston marriages" had asexual relationships, their partnerships have none-the-less been claimed by some as part of lesbian history.
asexual is a natural occuring instance in the brain. like bieng gay or lesbian or strait. most people are confused by this when you tell them; because they cant grasp the concept of someone not having any sexual interest, but it doesn't mean you can't love someone. even though they still have a sex drive they wish to refuse it; because they dont see anyone that they would like to have sexual relations with. as of wanting a child in a relationship artificial incimination can be an option. calling your self asexual doesnt mean you cant masterbate, but only to masterbate to lower that sexual tention inside the persons mind. even though this is possible for both sexes. more common in females(from my own observation), but also occuring in a few males, and if any of you have taken a phych class you know the build up of horimones in a male body without any release builds up and ends up in a situation to put in laymen's terms "blue balls".
"dont you want any sex at all in your life"
"no not really"
"you reproduce by budding?"
"no it means that i have no sexual desire. the a is short for anti"
"dude thats like killing your inner man?"
"yeah i know and i dont care"
-actual conversation i have had many times with a lot of kids at school.
A living organism who
A)is flat out not interested,
B)has been emotionally disturbed previously in their lifetime to the point of no longer desiring a mate to breed with,
C)is capable of reproducing by itself, or
D)has looking into the details of having sex, and simply doesn't find it worth it.
A)Jake can stare at a naked girl for hours and not get hard for even the slightest second. I wish I could do that!
B)Poor Bill was raped by his father during his childhood, so don't ask him out unless he seems interested.
C)Many microorganisms, as well as worms and a certain breed of snake are capable of creating babies all by themselves.
D)John is a smart asexual. He knows that a relationship isn't worth a breakup, an STD, punishment, or, heaven forbid, AIDs.
1. In the asexual community, the equivalent of a "crush", but explicitly lacking an interest in forming a romantic couple or having a sexual relationship with the person in question. It does not matter if they are "in a relationship", as long as you two can have a deep connection. A squish is an intense feeling of attraction, liking, appreciation, admiration for a person you urgently want to get to know better and become close with. It is different from "just wanting to be friends" in that there is an intensity about it and a disproportionate sense of elation when they like and appreciate you back.
2. Such a person can be referred to as your "squish".
3. It can be used as a verb, "to squish on someone".
A: So are you... dating right now?
B: No, I'm not looking.
A: (thinks: oh good, that means she will date me)
B: No I really want you to hear what I'm saying: I'm not looking to be in a relationship. But I have two squishes right now.
A: You what?
B: Squishes. They're people I just really love and want to be close to and intimate with - but not in a sexual way. I just feel very connected with them and attracted to them and I want to be important in their lives. But I don't want to be in a romantic relationship with them.
A: Huh? You're weird.
|6.||who wears the chastity belt|
Refers to a person in a relationship who doesn't "put out." Typically it is a woman who does not want to have sex even in a committed relationship, but it can also refer to a guy not pleasing his woman or not committed to the relationship.
Dude: Man, my girl totally refuses to have sex with me.
Dude's Friend: Well we know who wears the chastity belt in the relationship!
mono- meaning one indivdual/independent
a term used for people who aren't attracted to anyone. Men or women. They DO NOT like animals so do not be gullible and believe in that. Some may but that is a TOTAL different defintion. These people are very arare and ARE NOT SIMILAR TO ASEXUALS. These reason why is because asexuals are that some men or women may be involved in a relationship which obviously.
It's a bit confusing because a monosexual is similarily the opposite of a pansexual and a asexual. But a asexual is opposite from a pansexual and a monosexual can be similar to a asexual but different.
*Monosexual can feel like transsexual so do not think that they are opposite because it is possible.
guy1: this girl techinally told me she was a lesiban
woman1: what do you mean techinally?
guy1: well, i asked her if she wanted to go out and she said sorry i am not interested in men.
woman1: you are a idiot! why would you just assume she is a lesiban? she could be a asexual. or a monosexual.
man1: a monosexual?
woman1: yes you fool. i am assuming she is a monosexual. which means she doesn't like men or women at all
guy1: so does that mean she likes animals