2. A person who says that they cant do anything with you because they are busy but they dont actually have anything to do.
Person 2: "Oh thats just an artificially busy day"
Person 1: "Hey do you want to go to the movies later?"
Person 2: "No thanks man Ive got stuff to do"
Person 3: "No you dont, youre just artificially busy"
Person 1: "Dude, thats lame!"
Bob: (carrying a worthless stack of documents) Oh, I wish I could but I'm still working on this right now. Maybe you could ask Mary to do it?
Dept Manager: Ok , I wonder where she is.
2. (Mary rushes by artificially busy. She is headed for the break room)
Dept. Manager: Mary, I was just...
Mary: Um, Dave I'll be right with you, I just need to take care of one thing... (walks away in a haze of false productiveness)
Dept. Manager: Wow, these guys are so busy...what a great team! I guess I could do this summary myself...
Boyfriend: Hey I gotta run because I have to go clean the house all day! *click*
Me: Damn it, hes artificially busy again, must be with that bitch Shaneese
2) Being "busy" when somebody wants to hang out with you or sign you up for something, but really you're going to stay at home and count the ceiling tiles.
3) Being "busy" whenever somebody walks up to talk to you or to hide the fact that you are eavesdropping.
Person 1: Hey, wanna come over tonight and see my stamp collection? It's the biggest stamp collection outside of the European Union...
Person 2: Uh, sorry... gotta put cover sheets on all my TPS reports.
Person 1: TPS reports? Sounds like someone's artificially busy...
3) Dilbert, whenever Pointy Hair Bossy comes around.
2)I'm artificially busy when my onlife status is always 'appear busy'!