Just because a person goes to college for art doesn't mean that they are wasting their time or that they are lazy or stupid. Anyone who thinks being an art student is easy, go take a foundation class and see what grade you make.
1. Lazy art student. These people usually study art because they think it will be easy and that anyone can paint a masterpiece. They think they can just shit whatever onto a canvas and say "TA-DA!" and they'll get an A+. But they find out in good time that there is nothing easy about art school and that they actually HAVE to broaden their horizons and work hard to be successful.
2. Procrastinator art students. Not to be confuse with Lazy art students. These are the students that are likely to have a plethora of ideas and emotions and great things circling their mind. But since they're procrastinators they don't attempt to put it to paper until the very night before an assignment is due. In frustration they'll give up on what was potentially something great and do something much simpler, without as much thought.
Unlike lazy art students, they most likely DO know that it takes hard work to be an artist, they simply do not have the drive it requires.
3. Shy art students. Like procrastinating art students, the shy ones probably know that you must work and have great ideas to work with. But the one true flaw in these art students is that they fear what people will say them and their art.
They worry if the message is too contoversial or just stupid, if this nude will be regarded as gratuitous, if people will find his/her technique ameteur, and so on and so forth. So they will usually change it to make it more streamlined and give it a less interpretable message.
4. Rich art students. Just what it sounds like. These are rich kids who decide to use their college fund to attend art school. These people are usually a mixture of different kinds of art students, particularly lazy and annoying ones. Occasionally you will find a rich art student that is actually serious about being there and really knows what they're doing with their life, but more than likely it's someone who'se trying to get back at their parents for pushing them to hard to be a lawyer/doctor/join the family business/etc.
5. Annoying art students. These students more than likely love art and love to draw/paint/whatever but they get very obsessive about it and often place themselves upon a pedestal as "one of the greatest". Sometimes they will refuse and even get offended at serious critiques. And last, there are a few, like lazy and rich art students, that have little talent or vision to offer.
6. Serious art students. These are the students that know what they're doing at art school, they know it's not easy and that it takes work and they welcome the challenge. They might not always have a fantastic vision to work with but they can and will find a way to make something better. They study art movements, history, techniques, various mediums and more importantly other artists.
1. "I don't really have any skills but I need to amke a living. I know! I'll just go to art school and become famous, it'll be fun and easy."
2. "Oh man, this is due tomorrow, but i just can't seem to paint what I'm seeing in my mind... whatever, I'll just paint a forest and I'll get it right next time."
3."Maybe I shouldn't draw a nude afterall, I mean, what if everyone calls me a pervert? I'll just put a nice dress on her."
4. "Dammit dad, I don't want to be a doctor! I want to live on the edge! I'm going to art school!"
"I wish my parents would understand that I don't want to go to law school. I love art and I want to go to art school."
5. "This painting is so great, everyone will love it. There's no way they could critique something so perfect. If they do they're just jealous."
6. "This is okay, but how can I make it better? I'll get someone else to come and look at it and tell me what they think. There's always room for improvement."
Their unoriginal works of "art" will never be able to afford them the personality implants necessary to function outside of the campus environment.
Commonly referred to as introverted snots that mistake funky hair and trendy clothes for individualism.
2. Someone who has too much money to spend too much time to waste.
3. Rich mum who has too much time on her hands.
4. Rich nerdy style guy who draws worse than your 7 year-old brother.
5. Naive wannabe-comic-artist student who comes to the wrong place to learn how to draw comics.
6. Smart but lazy person
7. Art-theory geek
Business student: Switch to be a business major.